Sign in to follow this  
hacktracker

Greetings from Maryland

Howdy!

I live in Maryland and have a buddy who I visit on a fairly regular basis and we have done a little shooting at Fort Dix.

I have quite a few firearms I'd like to bring and shoot in NJ but I'm a little worried about their legality.

I think I can piece together an AR15 with a fixed stock lower, an upper with a muzzle brake, and a NJ-legal PMag.  The only issue I foresee is the muzzle device is not pinned/welded.  Since that is the case, should I just forget my AR?

Also, is an AK legal if I remove the muzzle brake and leave it at home?

Thanks in advance!

Don

Howdy!

I live in Maryland and have a buddy who I visit on a fairly regular basis and we have done a little shooting at Fort Dix.

I have quite a few firearms I'd like to bring and shoot in NJ but I'm a little worried about their legality.

I think I can piece together an AR15 with a fixed stock lower, an upper with a muzzle brake, and a NJ-legal PMag.  The only issue I foresee is the muzzle device is not pinned/welded.  Since that is the case, should I just forget my AR?

Also, is an AK legal if I remove the muzzle brake and leave it at home?

Thanks in advance!

Don

The Muzzle brake needs to be welded. The law counts "barrel with the ability to accept a flash hider" as an evil feature. Same goes for your AK.  Either you need to weld the muzzle brake on or lose the pistol grip. BTW Did you get grandfathered in to the new Maryland laws? My cousin lives down there and he bought his stuff as soon as he heard about the legislation. 

The Muzzle brake needs to be welded. The law counts "barrel with the ability to accept a flash hider" as an evil feature. Same goes for your AK.  Either you need to weld the muzzle brake on or lose the pistol grip. BTW Did you get grandfathered in to the new Maryland laws? My cousin lives down there and he bought his stuff as soon as he heard about the legislation. 

Shucks.  Oh well, I'll have to shoot my 10/22, Henry, and 91/30.

I've been acquiring firearms for a few years, so I've got a few fun ones in the safe.

Thanks for the reply!

Don

Where in Maryland?  My in-laws live in Millington.  I've done a few defensive firearms courses down in Maryland with these guys: 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Z7-Tactical/332972333478943

I'm just a mile or two from Fort Meade (about half way between Baltimore and DC).

Heading up to Howell this weekend.