Sign in to follow this  
Kimber45

mega arms mkm ar15

I believe these are made for an AR-10 (.308) style firearm whereas 300 BLK is in line with the AR-15 (.223) style and sized firearms. Even if you could use the MKM it would be much heavier them it needs to be. Hope his helps.

I believe these are made for an AR-10 (.308) style firearm whereas 300 BLK is in line with the AR-15 (.223) style and sized firearms. Even if you could use the MKM it would be much heavier them it needs to be. Hope his helps.

MKMs come in both large and small frame sizes.  

I really like how much the handguard overlaps the uppers.  There's about an inch of overlap so the handguard is super rigid.  Being a keymod design keeps the weight down without compromising on accessory placement options.

I stand corrected. I'll look more at this as they seem very well made.

ETA, I took a look at the AR15 MKM and they look very nice like most things by Mega, but I think I still like the VLTOR MUR with NSR rail more. They run about the same total price, but the NSR is about .25" or so thinner and 3-4 oz lighter. That being said, I have not had a chance to try out the Mega setup. I too look forward to hearing from anyone who has tried the MKM, especially if they can compare, contrast it with the MUR and NSR.