Sign in to follow this  
AntZ

Kel-Tec P3AT and desert eagle micro

Any bad experiences with Kel-Tec P3AT? I read an online review, which may be out-dated, says it jamed a lot. I don't find many negative reviews for anything if the manufacture provide the gun for review. So I can not image how much it jamed for the reviewer to say that. As I said, the review is old. I am looking for current experience. Also any experince with desert eagle micro?

none with keltec, but saw, felt the desert eagle, didnt shoot it though. It does feel quite well made, the only thing, big hands and small guns dont mix. quite a few people have the slide rip the top of their hand.. =)

I've shot my friend's P3AT a bunch of times. It's a lot of fun, certainly not a target gun, but it hasn't ever jammed or had a FTF / FTE / any other problems.

We did take it apart and do a slight 'fluff and buff' to just clean up some mold marks / casting marks, but it's all part of the fun.

The Ruger LCP is almost an indentical, part-for-part clone of the Kel-Tec, but the fit and finish seem nicer.

I had a 3AT would jan every 2-3 rounds. Tried different ammo and 2 trips to Keltec and still did not get through one magazine without multiple jams. Dealer took it back and gave me a full refund. I suggest looking at the DE. Me personally I will never buy another Keltec product.

I have read on their web site that you suppose to 'fluff and buff' the gun when it is new. Basically is to sand the parts to get the them smoother. I don't know why they can't make the the gun so the users do not need to do that. I decide not to get it.