Sign in to follow this  
CPRPE

Springfield XdM Mags legal?

After searching old postings on legal magazines I am confused. I have a Springfield Armory XdM in .40SW. It came with two magazine that can hold 16 rounds. When I purchased it at BA they "dimpled" the magazines on three sides to limit the number of rounds to be placed in the magazine. I have read a bunch of postings on modifying high cap magazines. Is what they did for me legal? I do NOT want to get caught with illegal magazines. I never put more than 12 rounds in at once anyway. Any clarification would be appreciated.

Got me on that one. But I've called Springfield Armory Inc. a few times for info and their Customer service was extremely helpful. they might be a source to start.

800-680-6866

One question comes to mind. Who did these modifications on the magazine? Springfield hasn't offered anything in that line with a magazine capacity of less than 16. Be aware that the number of rounds loaded does not affect the legality one way or the other.

I sent a email to a dealer that I have found knowledgeable in this area. hopefully he gets back to me soon with an answer.

they are not factory mags.

they are the original factory mags modified by a class 3 dealer. It is more than just pinching the sides of the mag, but perm. modified inside the mag as well. welded in pieces from what I recall. I cant speak for them, but this is what at least 1 dealer I know of, that is how they do them.