Lawnmower2021

Mobile 1 Synthetic oil / grease for guns?

Hello all,

Silly questions incoming. I've noticed that many people use "Mobile 1 synthetic" for their guns. Now, I notice that they sell both an oil and a grease that comes in a tub or tube.

What would be the difference as it applies to guns? I have heard that some guns like grease more than oil or CLP, like the M1A/M14. For that, would I want something like this?

Would it be general purpose for guns, or would that be more for the automotive oil rather than grease? For the folks that do use Mobile 1 or similar oil, is it something you use for all your guns? ie. on all the rails and main wear points? Or does it still depend?

I've been using Hoppes oil for everything. However, I definitely find a few guns in particular going dry.

I've been using motor oil for over 20 years with great results and no issues. I just started adding Lucas oil additive to my straight motor oil, it adds thickness so it holds better. You can try different combinations and make your own custom formula. I will also use a light grease now and then.

• Informative 1