Sign in to follow this  
oldslabsides

Bristol Gun Show Review?

I went, got there around 9:30 or 10. $7 to get in, no line at the door. Place was pretty small, a typical wedding caterer sized hall. There was a big new mostly bolt action rifle dealer and a case seller in the front hall. To the right was a very small room with a knife dealer and a book dealer. That rifle dealer had a bunch of very nice Sako rifles that called to me, but I resisted.

The main room was not very big, but there was some stuff there. Lots of NJ not legal ARs, some very cheaply priced. One bigger dealer near the door had a lot of rifles marked "NJ OK" which was nice.

There were two ammo dealers, one near the door and one all the way in the back. Both had OK prices. The one place had brand name 9mm, 45ACP, 380, etc, at reasonable prices.

One dealer had powder and primers, but no useful primers as far as I could see. Bought a few pounds of Varget, which I use for my match 308 rounds, and IM3031, which I use for 223. I bought a Rock River complete lower parts kit for $80, and a DPMS panther non-adjustable "traditional" looking stock with buffer for $69.

Oh, the one place that always has magazines for everything was there (I think it's Ed's Sporting Goods), and they had new in the box Browning Buck Mark magazines, so I bought three for $24.95, which is pretty cheap and out of stock everywhere on the net. They also had 10-round AR-10/DPMS LR308 magazines, and a lot of 10-round AR-15 mags for NJ residents (in addition to the 1000's of 20 and 30 round magazines every dealer had).

There was one guy that had a bunch of decent looking Russian surplus rifles for $125; can someone tell me what those were?

There were plenty of shotguns, etc. They had all the GSG varieties, and the place were I bought my parts had every kind of GSG accessory, as well.

The fact that you could buy brand name AR-15 style rifles for $600-800, and that there was powder and ammo to be bought tells me that the rush is at least slightly calmed down.

This sale was around 10% of the size of the Forks of Delaware Historical Arms Society-sponsored show I saw at the Allentown Fairgrounds in May, but probably had as much stuff I was interested in, at better prices. Again, I think the rush is calming down just a little.

We went up in the morning, njpilot, wsl, and myself. We met up at 8:45am in Jackson, and drove there, got there at 9:15 or 9:30.

will speak more later about it, but....

the mosin were 91/30's. some really nice ones there, but were snapped up. That was Eagle arms

Ed's had a nice mosin 1944 for $129. ;)

the ammo guy buy the door, will have to disagree w/ melg, was fuggin nuts. $20 for a box of american eagle 9mm. His prices were the highest by far. the ammo guys at the end of the show towards the left were quite reasonable. Saw blazer brass 9mm for $12.99 but alas were gone. If I recall... they will nto be there tomorrow.

If you are going tomorrow, go to the website, there is a $1 off coupon.

also, NJGF targets/flyers at the table.

There was a nice selection of cases there. tons of black rifles, cheapest we saw were high 600's?

tons of gsg's for $429... brand new, 10 round nj.

Not including the ammo guys right in the center, and one or two dealers, the pricing on the whole were very reasonable......

the ammo guy buy the door, will have to disagree w/ melg, was fuggin nuts. $20 for a box of american eagle 9mm. His prices were the highest by far. the ammo guys at the end of the show towards the left were quite reasonable. Saw blazer brass 9mm for $12.99 but alas were gone. If I recall... they will nto be there tomorrow.

I must not have looked that closely. I'm loading everything I shoot now myself, so not paying as much attention to ammo prices. I'm also not sure I would ever buy reloaded ammo from someone else. Too many chances to go bad, I think. I've seen a few handguns which had been blown apart due to bad handgun ammo reloads. Most times in rifles you can't get a double charge (my 223 load is around 94% of case volume), but you can easily double charge most handgun cases. I dunno.

I saw a guy actually buying perhaps 50 boxes of the reloaded stuff from the people in the back. So much that they let him open the fire exit door to bring the stuff out to his car. I thought to myself, there is a guy who should be reloading!

there was a ton of ar build stuff, from multiple vendors. my suggestion, walk them all before buying...

wolfy, that smith 15-22 was amazing.... i was ready to buy it right there and then, keep it with my brother in PA. and even though it was polymer... it was a really reallly reallly nice build quality.

There were a ton of colts out there as well, but for some reason, it just didnt scream buy me.

i went this morning, got there around 0930. this was actually my first gun show and i was pleasantly surprised. my intentions were more along the lines of browsing but i ended up buying a brick of .22 and a solo box of Federal American Eagle .223, along with a bore light. stopped at a table in the front where i found a Marlin .35 Remington lever action. marveled at the price ($425) but lamented at my living in Jersey and being unable to bring it back over the border...when all of a sudden i was told by the vendor that it was legal for me to purchase it (didn't know that). so next time, hopefully the show at the Armory in Philly) i may end up bringing some more cash :D

i went this morning, got there around 0930. this was actually my first gun show and i was pleasantly surprised. my intentions were more along the lines of browsing but i ended up buying a brick of .22 and a solo box of Federal American Eagle .223, along with a bore light. stopped at a table in the front where i found a Marlin .35 Remington lever action. marveled at the price ($425) but lamented at my living in Jersey and being unable to bring it back over the border...when all of a sudden i was told by the vendor that it was legal for me to purchase it (didn't know that). so next time, hopefully the show at the Armory in Philly) i may end up bringing some more cash :D

You can even walk around with guns out in the open! lol..

I thought that the Armory in Philly had canceled it's shows for a while while they rebuild?