usnmars

anyone need PSL mags

Well I ordered a couple of mags the other day and they finally came in. Surprisingly there isn't a spot of rust on them. They are just caked in cosmo. Right now they are sitting in my ultrasonic cleaner, when they are done I'll post pics. Overall definitely worth the $12 per mag.

Well I ordered a couple of mags the other day and they finally came in. Surprisingly there isn't a spot of rust on them. They are just caked in cosmo. Right now they are sitting in my ultrasonic cleaner, when they are done I'll post pics. Overall definitely worth the $12 per mag.

Off topic but how does the ultra sonic work for cleaning gun parts?

I was looking at a rather inexpensive one the other day at Harbor Freight but was

not sure how good it would work on grease and cosmo. I have used them before

but more towards the medical field.

mine is just the el cheapo harbor freight special. Works great! I normally throw whole bolts and smaller parts in there and let er rip. Takes away a lot of the elbow grease. It isn't the best, i am sure if i were to spend a lot of money for a good one it would work better. But for cosmo and the occasional gun strip down it works pleanty good for what i use it for.

mine is just the el cheapo harbor freight special. Works great! I normally throw whole bolts and smaller parts in there and let er rip. Takes away a lot of the elbow grease. It isn't the best, i am sure if i were to spend a lot of money for a good one it would work better. But for cosmo and the occasional gun strip down it works pleanty good for what i use it for.

can you show us which one you got? what liquid do you use in it?

I was actually looking at the ones in Harbor freight the other day.

I think it was like $29.99 or something like that, Looks like I will add it to the list right behind the sand blasting cabinet.

That is the exact one i have. It is a pretty drawn out process for me, just because i am too cheep to buy the correct fluid for it. They actually sell stuff just for firearms. What i do is.......

Get some of the cheap purple degreaser from sams club. It only costs about $6 for a gallon. Toss about 2 cups of that in the cleaner. Add really hot water from the sink, up to about the half way mark. Put parts in and let it go for about 10 minutes, or 2 cycles. Take parts out of cleaner and rinse off with hot water from the sink. Put rinsed parts on a baking tray and douche with wd40. Put the baking tray with the oily parts in the oven on 200