Sign in to follow this  
kenw

Sparta Gun Club - range report

Shot there for the first time on Sunday. It's a membership range, but they welcome walk-ons to shoot there. It's a nice place, a bit off the beaten path, and very friendly (if somewhat curmudgeon-ish) regulars there.

They have standard trap (left/right), wobble trap (left/right/up/down) and skeet. Open Sunday from (I think) 9:30 'till sunset, and Tuesday from 2:00 until sunset.

Standard trap all day, wobble trap until around 12:30 (Sunday), and then skeet. The wobble and skeet ranges overlap, so they can't run them simultaneously. The guys said that most of the people who come there are interested in wobble and skeet, so there's usually not much activity on the trap range, especially once the weather turns cooler and fewer people come out. I really don't know dick about skeet, but this seems to be the go-to place for it in the North NJ area.

$4.00 per round, and an additional buck for the club (irrespective of the number of rounds). Only 15 minutes from my house, just off the Rt.15/517 junction.

Seems like an okay place for a handful of guys to show up at for an afternoon of Sunday clays.