lunker

Dan Wesson Commander Bobtail in stock at Buds

They have to be out of their mind. You can get the new CBOB's when they come out for like 1400 so why would I pay 1300 for the old gun. Thats just stupid. Last time bud's had this gun, it was 999.00 and I know the price for them hasn't gone up!!!

They have to be out of their mind. You can get the new CBOB's when they come out for like 1400 so why would I pay 1300 for the old gun. Thats just stupid. Last time bud's had this gun, it was 999.00 and I know the price for them hasn't gone up!!!

Matt,

The list price for the Valor V-Bob is a little over 2k. I hope you're right about being able to get it for $1400.

Chris if the retailers can't sell these guns for less than 1600 dollars I don't think your going to see these being sold. I think they are pricing themselves out of the market that they dominated. Now they are getting to ED brown and Les Bear prices and DW doesn't have the name to compete in that territory I don't think.

Only time will tell. It's still a production gun and not a hand made one off so I think they are creating trouble for themselves.

Chris if the retailers can't sell these guns for less than 1600 dollars I don't think your going to see these being sold. I think they are pricing themselves out of the market that they dominated. Now they are getting to ED brown and Les Bear prices and DW doesn't have the name to compete in that territory I don't think.

Only time will tell. It's still a production gun and not a hand made one off so I think they are creating trouble for themselves.

I agree with you. If you're going to spend 2k on a 1911, there are a lot of people who want the Ed Brown or Wilson Combat name on the side.

The next 6 months will tell us whether this move was a good one or not.

on 1911forum they have the one guy I think keith is his name from DW who posts over there. He says that the changes happened b/c DW wasn't making money. I find this VERY hard to believe.

Mehhh I refuse to spend more than 1100ish for my 1911 so I might be looking at other options that arn't DW which is a shame because its the gun I really really wanted!

The next 6 months will tell us whether this move was a good one or not.

on 1911forum they have the one guy I think keith is his name from DW who posts over there. He says that the changes happened b/c DW wasn't making money. I find this VERY hard to believe.

Mehhh I refuse to spend more than 1100ish for my 1911 so I might be looking at other options that arn't DW which is a shame because its the gun I really really wanted!

Dan Wesson was taken over by CZ. I suspect Dan Wesson wasn't making ENOUGH for the beancounters at the CZ mothership. You have to be able to justify those acquisition costs.

Well DW went out of business and then they reopened with CZ. I just can't see how they weren't making money on their guns when they couldn't keep them in stock. I just don't see it.

My dreams of owning a DW CBOB are quickly fading away since I have no money at all :(

There is a space character embedded in the link, so the software does not handle it correctly. Please paste the contents below in between the http://and tags into your browser address bar.

http://sgcusa.com/Handguns-CZ-USA/c84_240/p3841/CZ-USA-Dan-Wesson-Commander-Classic-Bobtail-.45-ACP-(01912)/product_info.html

And the one's at Bud's are already out of stock. Nothing like stupid people paying more than retail for a freaking gun!!!!

I understand your frustration, but wouldn't you say this simply indicates that DW's price increase was well warranted from the standpoint of running a profitable business?

I understand your frustration, but wouldn't you say this simply indicates that DW's price increase was well warranted from the standpoint of running a profitable business?

I would be more inclined to say that it is people interested in snatching up the last of a model that will no longer be produced. If this model hadn't been discontinued, I think that $1350 CBOBs would not move off the shelf too quickly.

I guess we'll all get to find out when the new model VBOB (MSRP $2050)

http://cz-usa.com/products/view/dan-wesson-v-bob/

and Guardian (MSRP $1500)

http://cz-usa.com/products/view/dan-wesson-guardian/

come out.

The Alloy framed Guardian at least closer in price to the CBOB, although some people will only want a steel frame in a 1911.

You are absolutely correct Chris. The CBOB is a tried and true gun. People know the reputation on that gun. This new line they are coming out with is full of questions and concerns. So people are spending more money to get a tried and true gun as opposed to trying something new.

I still think this move DW has made is a bad one but we shall see in time.