njluger

Good deal on Smith & Wesson 5906

Aim Surplus just listed a police trade-in Smith & Wesson 5906 in 9mm. They look to be in good shape. I assume these would be the NYPD models so I assume that the triggers are going to be really heavy.

http://tinyurl.com/ylob49n

Anyone ever shot one of these?

There is no "NY" trigger for the S&W or Sig models. That feature was only added to the Glock.

As far as the 5906, they are bulletproof. We still have original 659's in service from 84. You can't kill them.

The trigger system is a heavy DA pull but the price is in the ballpark. They are on the heavy side.

My buddy has one he bought MANY years ago (early 90's maybe) as his off Duty gun.

I have not shot it yet, but plan to one of these days.

Nice heavy gun. Not sure I would want to CCW it, but feels well put together.

He said it is a pretty good shooter.

off Duty gun.

It's the world's worst off duty firearm. It weighs 42 oz. and is like carrying a boat anchor. It was bad enough carrying one on a duty belt. I dumped mine as soon as a smaller lighter alternative was authorized.

However they will function forever.

I love mine! It is heavy, but is well supported on a good gun belt. I have never had any hiccups, not one with mine. double action first pull/ single on the second makes it a very nice shooter. this takes some getting used to, especially for someone who has only shot dbl action before. If you want a gun that is nearly indestructable, this could be it. thhe only thing I really dont like is the mag disconnect saftey.

Aim Surplus just listed a police trade-in Smith & Wesson 5906 in 9mm. They look to be in good shape. I assume these would be the NYPD models so I assume that the triggers are going to be really heavy.

http://tinyurl.com/ylob49n

Anyone ever shot one of these?

I have the 5906, as everyone stated, excellent & bulletproof :D