I got my application in the mail. I have the fingerprint card I have many LEO friends. Would I be able to have one of them do it and sign or do I have to actually go to the local municipal building. And do I have to get this notarized, the application I mean there is a section for a notary to sign so I'm assuming it' must be stamped as well. Havne't read through it all at work just glanced through. Any one know of any notaries in the 07027 zip?

Greetings from Cranford.

Most banks will perform notary services for free IF you have an account with them. The BOA in the Kenilworth A&P did it for me.

I'm not sure about the fingerprints. I had mine done at Gun for Hire, they had some active LEO's come in on a Sunday to do the fingerprinting, took the pictures, did the notary and checked over the application to make sure I did not screw anything up. Was well worth the price.

If I remember correctly, any active law enforcement agent can do the fingerprints. It does not need to be done by an officer of your town or even your home state. It just has to be done by an active (not retired) LEO.

Notaries can be found in lots of places: the local library, stationery stores, UPS stores, funeral homes, and as Pete said, most banks. Just bring sufficient ID that matches the name and address on the application (the notary only needs to know that you are the person who is signing the application).