Sign in to follow this  
Pizza Bob

High-end Soft Gun Cases

This weekend I attended a Consumer oriented billiards trade show (I don't only shoot guns), and came across a somewhat unique item. In the pool world, one of the most respected cue cases you can buy is made by a company named Whitten Cases. They are hand made out of glove soft leather or exotic hides, or cowhide "prints" made to look like exotics - but all leather. Here's their site so you can get an idea...

http://www.whittencases.com/Site/Welcome.html

Dan Whitten's (the founder/owner) daughter is starting a new enterprise - custom made soft gun cases. Again, just like the cue cases these are handmade of genuine leather, including exotics. The design is ingenious in that she uses memory-foam covered with ultra-suede in the interior. The foam molds itself to the firearm and precludes any shifting during transport or rough handling. Jillian told me she can make cases for any firearm, handgun, longarm, tactical.

These are not inexpensive, but considering what one pays for Coach leathergoods, for example, and considering they are production-line, mass-produced, while these are handmade, one at a time, the value is there. To give you an idea, the alligator case (genuine alligator, not a print - shot by Jillian's boyfriend as a matter of fact) went for $350. I believe the case with the NRA patch incorproated in the design was around $265. Her website [email protected] for quotes or design ideas. Here are some examples she had at the show...

casemontage.jpg

Usual disclaimer, I'm not associated with this company in any way. I am the owner of two of their cue cases, which are fantastic, which is why I'm comfortable recommending them. For the shooter that has everything, a custom soft case for their favorite firearm - whadda country.

Adios,

Pizza Bob