Sign in to follow this  
almiz111

SKS sights

Anybody know how to contact Jamie Mangrum? He is the dude that writes about all the SKS mods and products.

Also which is better: Choate scope mount and scope or the TS-200 iron peep sight? Just looking to optimize accuracy. How about if you consider 'ease of use' ?

Thanks.

Anybody know how to contact Jamie Mangrum? He is the dude that writes about all the SKS mods and products.

Also which is better: Choate scope mount and scope or the TS-200 iron peep sight? Just looking to optimize accuracy. How about if you consider 'ease of use' ?

Thanks.

1) try this >>> [email protected]

or this http://www.surplusrifle.com/feedback/index.asp

2) Choate scope mount requires drilling and tapping >>> i didnt wanna do that so i went this route >>> 11.jpg

my scope is bigger so i had to install scope shield/ shell deflector which prevents me from using stripper clips. i dont mind thou 8) if u want me to post the actual pix of my sks >> let me know.

now >>> in scope vs irons competition ... well thats totally up to u. its all about personal preference. i decided from the beginning that my sks is gonna b scoped and my zastava pap is gonna b irons only (maybe red dot 8) optimizing accuracy on sks? hmmm ... sks was designed in a way that a peasant after a week or two of training at the shooting range can hit a man sized target up to 300m away. almost always in a torso of course. so sks is not the most accurate rifle but its accurate enough. dont expect great groups out of it no matter wat 8) and dont waste ur money trying to make it so (like i did 8) . regarding 'ease of use' >>> irons always the best and then red dot cause of fast target acquisition for that type of rifle. in "combat scenario" u wont b using sks to snipe 8) anyways i talk too much 8P let me know watcha think