Sign in to follow this  
Guest *_*

Corbon p+ 45acp hollow point ammo

Guest megaman

SO I keep a glock 30 in the house for safety.

I have recently aquired Corbon p+ hollow point ammo.

Its 185gr.

My question is, can I shoot the p+ stuff in my glock?

+p or +p+?

I am sure you could, however I believe there was something with Glocks not being rated for it? Will wait for a glock armorer to clear that up.

If it is for home defense, I wouldnt believe it to be an issue, however for range use... you may have issues if you are firing alot of it.

some of the +p+ ammo, in 9mm is loaded to 9mm Major power, and can easily kaboom your gun if it was not built for it.

Guest megaman

If I ever fire this stuff, its going to be in an emergency.

If I ever fire this stuff, its going to be in an emergency.

Therein lies the dilema. We need to train with what we use for defense. Forget about the +P issue for now. While a Glock will pretty much eat anything, You'd want to make sure it'll feed your defense ammo each and every time. That means at least a couple of hundred rounds. Expensive ? yes, but it's good insurance.

• Like 1

Guest HuntingPaper

+p or +p+?

I am sure you could, however I believe there was something with Glocks not being rated for it? Will wait for a glock armorer to clear that up.

If it is for home defense, I wouldnt believe it to be an issue, however for range use... you may have issues if you are firing alot of it.

some of the +p+ ammo, in 9mm is loaded to 9mm Major power, and can easily kaboom your gun if it was not built for it.

The Glocks that goes kaboom are those without full supported chamber, specifically those in 40 s&w. Glock barrels and chambers are design to withstand NATO pressure specs which are close to +P+

Regular 9mm 35,000 psi

+P 9mm 38,500 psi

NATO 9mm 42,000 psi

Guest megaman

I just shot about 50 of them tonite, nothing really distinguishable from regular 230gr fmj.

The muzzle flame was really cool though...may help me see at night! :icon_e_surprised:

Guest HuntingPaper

I just shot about 50 of them tonite, nothing really distinguishable from regular 230gr fmj.

The muzzle flame was really cool though...may help me see at night! :icon_e_surprised:

Nice! 45acp is a low pressure round anyway... How much is the pressure in that cartridge? does it says in the box?

Guest megaman

It does not say on the box, the energy is 543lbs, ouch!

Called Glock and said it was fine as long as it was SAAMI.

The gun was clean and intact after 50 rounds...