Sign in to follow this  
usnmars

Figured out where I get it from

well I just had an epiphany. I am not from a firearms enthusiast family at all, my family actually makes fun of my collection. I was raised with guns but dad is far from the gun nut that I am. Well I just put 2 and 2 together and finally asked about it. My mom's maiden name is Ackley, yup just like the world famous gunsmith. He was renown for creating some of the best wildcat calibers and custom rifles. And he focused on sportingizing milsurps. Tonight I asked my grandma about it and he was my grandfathers brother! They hadn't talked since they were kids, but he was my grandpa's oldest brother. I guess it is in my blood. Next time you see a caliber or rifle that says Ackley improved, think of me. Now I am a youngin' building some cool stuff such as the monster mosin and some other surprises for y'all, imagine what I'll be making when I am old. I guess I have to continue the family business.

My link

• Like 1

Interesting how sometimes stuff like this comes out of the blue.

Maybe you found this also but there is a research project on PO Ackley

http://www.z-hat.com/

If you ever want to see your ancestors all you have to do is look in the mirror.............and they are all there.