Sign in to follow this  
Tom-NJ2AS

Senator Sweeney on 101.5...........

I heard what he said - it wasn't very sincere. He was more concerned that the prosecutor didn't let him off. I think he said he wants Van Drew to work on cleaning up the laws or something. I know he did say "we're putting too many laws on common sense".

yeah in my personal opinion I feel Senator Sweeney is one of the good guys, he may have to go along with stuff from time to time with his side of the isle as with other political figures, but he seems like he is very reasonable and understanding. I think if Sweeney and Christie got together without other politicians jumping in with this, that and the other nonsense I think they could come to some good agreements. It's just the squabbling back and forth, stupid no sense legislation, and constant bickering amongst themselves is what leads to things not getting done for the most part. I'm just glad they are at least trying to put together some reform for a change, get this state back on track to being fiscally responsible. I personally wouldn't mind Sweeney's idea of consolidating or sharing services, I think the idea of "home rule" was gone long ago, plus look at how broken down we are compared to other states. Sweeney mentioned the garbage personnel of a few towns, just multiply that number by... well a lot and you can save a pretty penny... you start thinking of other things that can be shared/consolidated and you can make up for a lot of revenue, maybe even pay to keep some state/local employees on, who in other terms you would have had to fire.

yeah in my personal opinion I feel Senator Sweeney is one of the good guys, he may have to go along with stuff from time to time with his side of the isle as with other political figures, but he seems like he is very reasonable and understanding.

I think he's a good guy, but I personally do not think that he has the best interests of New Jersey in mind. Look at the supreme court issue - he steadfastly refuses to have the confirmation hearings for Anne Patterson until 2012. He then went on to criticize the decision by Rivera-Soto, saying he's breaking the constitution, while he himself is doing the same thing by refusing to confirm Patterson.