The Nine

* UPDATE - New here... Wife just applied for FID/PP - UPDATE

Hey everyone. great site here. Anyway we live in Brick Twp and my wife just applied for her FID and 2 PP's. to our shock, they openly told her it would be at least 2 months. She politely said thank you and we were on our way. She applied on 3/23 and her references just called to tell her that they got paperwork from Brick PD.

Was that fast? I've heard horror stories about this town and waiting. she's got kinda excited but should she not get too happy yet?

Im planning on keeping this updated. Thanks in advance.

The Nine

They usually send out the letters right away.

If they said two months, it's going to be 2 months.

She'll be good to go by June 1. Just plan on that date, forget the whole subject and when it rolls around, you'll be pleased.

Hey Nine,

Welcome to the board!

I applied for my initial FID in Clifton. My references received their forms in about 7 days and sent them back the two days after that. I finished getting fingerpritned 2 weeks after application. Then, Clifton took their sweet time approving my FID. It took them a total of 89 days!

Clifton actually has the balls to put it in writing when you apply! They write DO NOT INQUIRE AS TO THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION UNTIL 2 MONTHS HAVE PASSED at the bottom of their application information sheet.

I hope your wife's FID comes through more quickly than mine.

89 days? Wow! Well I guess they're doing things differently now because she had to go to a third party (morphotrak)for fingerprinting BEFORE brick PD Would accept her app. They also didnt tell her that was their new policy untill after my wife took off a day to go to the station with her completed app only to be turned away. What a pain. You know...kinda makes you scratch your head when one could prob. purchase a firearm illegally, quicker and less painless than doing things the right/moral/legal way. Sickening.

Thanks for the welcome!

Nope...no sister. I feel ya though...She's one in a billion. I took her shooting for the first time a few weeks ago. She loved it. After about 60rds she was shooting 1 1/2" groups at 15yds with a striker fired 9mm. I was/am impressed. She's lookin at a Baretta 92 now! What have I done?...the sickness spreads so quick lol

Im in Jackson, handed in all my forms and fingerprints December 14th was told 6-8 weeks wait time,my references got their papers within that week.At that point that was the end of the speedy process,long story short I just got my FID and PP's today. Its been around 112 days, if you go past the 2 month mark call NJSP.

Took my city 95 days to issue mine to me! If possible, have your references take their letters back to the station in person! My city said one of my refs didn't mail his letter back in but he did, TWICE. So I went to the station, got another ref letter, let my friend fill it out, and I took it to the station myself!

UPDATE-

Letter came in yesterday's mail. So the wait ended up being 51 days. was'nt 30...But I suppose it could have been a lot worse given some of the stories I hear. Now I wonder...Will Brick PD let me pick them up for her since she doesnt get out of work untill after the PD closes? What if I am in posession of the letter? And her ID? Ahhhh, who am I kidding? Prob means she is going to have to leave work early one day.

My PD (Sayreville) when they did my Wifes FID at the initial time we were there they did the finger print on the FID card that would to be completed as the process and completed after the references, background checks and mental health came back good and completed.

Also the PP's that she also put in for at the same time they filled them out and had her sign them.

When everything is completed and returned to the PD and then the Captain signs them they are mailed out. The last PP's I got, and her FID and PP were in our mailbox the day after it was signed by the Captain.

Not sure if other PD's do it this way, but I kind of like it.

Harry

UPDATE-

Letter came in yesterday's mail. So the wait ended up being 51 days. was'nt 30...But I suppose it could have been a lot worse given some of the stories I hear. Now I wonder...Will Brick PD let me pick them up for her since she doesnt get out of work untill after the PD closes? What if I am in posession of the letter? And her ID? Ahhhh, who am I kidding? Prob means she is going to have to leave work early one day.

call the police station and ask if there is a certain time you need to be there to pick up the permits . my pd seems that i can go any time to pick up the permits.picked mine up on good friday . all that is needed is to have p.o. there to watch you sign the permits and take the money.