Sign in to follow this  
matt6669

Cherry Ridge Monday 5/30

Chris and I are going to head to Cherry Ridge on Monday morning with a meet time of 10:00 am to do some shooting. We'll probably start out on handgun and then do some rifle. If any members want to go just post on up and we can get together.

If you have an American milsurp bring that to shoot in honor of Memorial Day!

M

Chris and I are going to head to Cherry Ridge on Monday morning with a meet time of 10:00 am to do some shooting. We'll probably start out on handgun and then do some rifle. If any members want to go just post on up and we can get together.

If you have an American milsurp bring that to shoot in honor of Memorial Day!

M

I'm in Ohio right now.

Went to the Woodbury Range nearby. It's like a NJ WMA, but you need to buy a range pass. $24/year, good for any of the ranges in the state. http://goo.gl/maps/rfA4

It's got skeet, two archery ranges, a walkaround archery range, 25/50/100/200. The only rules, 3 round bursts max. No caliber limits, carry friendly, draw from holsters and target changes are completely informal. Shoot whatever you want but glass, clean up your mess. Covered ports, nice benches. Fantastic range. Re sighted the AR in at 25 and will probably head back today and tomorrow to hit 100/200.

Of course, I'm carrying everywhere around here. Using my Serpa CQC with a big over shirt. Ohio is unrestricted open carry but some businesses will ask you to leave if you OC. Since I'm not worried about printing I just wear a giant shirt. I have my Comp Tac Mtac but it's not really necessary.

I won't be home until Wed. Have fun at CR.

Beautiful day at CR. Sorta family day. To my right was a father and his two sons on the left was a couple. I had a good day I just upgraded myself from horrible to bad at shooting my pistol.I did improve my grip for tighter groups.I also learned small targets are better for me to learn on as it really forces me to concentrate. I was shooting Federal champion 45 acp from wally world. It is cleaner then PMC and WWB but has a small primer so I did not save the brass.

The things I still need to improve on are

#1 Try to be steady-er with the pistol(shakes)

#2 Im pulling down a bit dead center but low.No more low and left just low !!

I thing it's due to not having a strong enough grip on my support hand but I'm not sure.

Anyway I had a ball and cant wait for the next trip to CR.

to be honest I completely forgot you said you were going to go so I even forgot to wear my njgf shirt DOHHH

It ended up being just DJG0770 and myself we were all the way to the left on the pistol range. Got there at 11, stayed until I think 12ish, went to rifle for about 45 minutes and then proceeded to BS in the parking lot for an hour.

All in all it was an awesome day. The fact that I was able to shoot about 200 rounds and stand long enough for an hour of shooting was a wonderful treat. I havn't shot that much pistol in I'd say almost two years. My groupings were far from stellar, but they were a hell of a lot better than they use to be so that definitely made me happy. My biggest downfall is the shakes. Really need to start finding exercises or something that I can do to prevent that.

But now I'm sore so I'm gonna go lay down, thanks for coming Dan, glad I didn't end up shooting solo

ended up getting there around 2 great day put a bunch of rounds through the sandw ended up giving myself a blister on my trigger finger lol. my target frame is damn near splinters so i decided to plink instead of target with the henry which as always was great fun.