Sign in to follow this  
BigBlueQ

Just back from fishing in Canada...

Now by all means I do NOT fish under normal circumstances. Not that I have anything against it, it just was never one of my "hobbies."

I'll put it this way, the last time I was fishing was 10 years ago out of Belmar on a night cruise for my buddy's bachelor party.

I was the only one on the boat not to catch something.

Anyway, I just got back from 5 days in Canada at a fishing preserve between Montreal and Ottowa. Frickin' awesome!

Hundreds of lakes in varying sizes, from less of an acre to seven miles long. Certain ones were stocked with rainbow trout, speckled bass,

and large and small mouth bass, not to mention the pike and the elusive char.

I got my fair share of sunnies, my daughter's 5 1/2' pole has been renamed the "Sunny Slayer," but also landed some nice sized rainbow trout and bass.

What a great time, just thought I'd share!

Would you believe it all got confiscated at the border?

Only joking, My bros-in-law and I are having a late father's day for my dad with all the fish we brought back, since he was bummed he couldn't go.

Some of the rainbows, I'll lie and say I caught them all.

img2581r.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sounds great. I spent a week at the haliburton Scout reserve 150 miles north of toronto. (back when I was in boy scouts) it's was incredible. I caught more small mouth then I could imagine.

http://www.gtc.scouts.ca/haliburton/gtc_hsr.asp

We were literally in the middle of nowhere...20 minute drive from the front gate to the marina at the south end of the 7 mile lake,

dropped my bro-in-law and my two nephews off to get two outboards, and my other brother-in-law and I then drove 45 minutes up dusty dirt roads

to meet them at the cabin. The boat ride was 10 minutes long, go figure.

By the way, there for 5 days sun only on the first day, poured every other day. I swear I would've caught more if the weather behaved.

At least that's my story, and I'm sticking with it! :sarcastichand: