71ragtopgoat

Operation Right Denied

Operation right denied  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Should we file for a concealed carry permits as a large group of people at once to show how NJ is denying our rights?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Would you be willing to file even though you know NJ will deny you and you will then have to check the box admitting you were denied when requesting a permit to buy a pistol in the future.

• yes
    • no
    • Maybe

I really believe litigation in Federal court all the way up to the SCOTUS is the ONLY hope for NJ. The unfortunate truth is most people in NJ are either strongly opposed to gun rights, or at least are uncomfortable with them. Legislative action, protests, and even voting will have little impact.

A mass application for CCW permits by even a few thousand people will be written off as a stunt by a lunatic fringe, just like most people here think about OWS.

I really believe litigation in Federal court all the way up to the SCOTUS is the ONLY hope for NJ. The unfortunate truth is most people in NJ are either strongly opposed to gun rights, or at least are uncomfortable with them. Legislative action, protests, and even voting will have little impact.

A mass application for CCW permits by even a few thousand people will be written off as a stunt by a lunatic fringe, just like most people here think about OWS.

I do agree with being written off. However the governor will be running for president in 2016 or 2020 depending on the outcome of the 2012 election. With his anti gun rights past I'm surprised someone with aspirations of becoming president is willing to write off gun owners. He'd better get pitbull paula straightened out before he pisses off a large chunk of the national voter base for his party otherwise he'll never make it out of the primaries.

Write/introduce legislation that repeals the entire 1966 Sills act and replaces it with just the Federal NICS. The arguments would be the FID is redundant, costs money and valuable manpower that can be used elsewhere, it tramples second amendment rights, kept people from visiting the state and affected tourism (money), it hampers business and commerce, is contrary to published Federal laws and illegally restricts potential FFL 03 license holders. Work on that first and then introduce the conceal carry legislation.

• Like 1

Only possible benefit I could see would be if you had such a large number that it made the news. I doubt that would happen and even if it did, I agree that the reaction of the majority of the people in this state would be "good, the law is working!". Here is what might wake a few people up: A rally in Trenton where 10,000 gun owners participate. Even 5,000 would probably do it. I know it's been suggested and maybe even tried before with no success. But it should in theory be possible if the ANJRPC took the lead, with help from every local gun club in the state, NJ2AS, Gunforhire radio, etc.

I like your thinking but I have a fear that we will rally the troops and a whopping 43 people will show up. The November elections cut me real deep.

I agree 100%.