TheDon

NJ PTPP Applications—Contacting Employers

It is not "employment verification." The Superintendent says that all information on STS033 must be verfied. So regardless of whether you put down an employer or say unemployed, they are simply verifying that you answered truthfully.

But why is it on the application in the first place?

But why is it on the application in the first place?

Because the legislature passed a law. There is a law (don't make me look up the reference) that specifies the requirements for the form. That law states that the form must ask for the applicant's employer.

If you wear a tinfoil hat they actually can't provide the score. That's also in Obamacare, I read it.

No tinfoil hat here. I work for said contractor and have direct knowledge.

Because the legislature passed a law. There is a law (don't make me look up the reference) that specifies the requirements for the form. That law states that the form must ask for the applicant's employer.

I think what he, like myself, is trying to get at is: what does it matter? How does an employer verification aid in the firearms background check? It just seems like a scare tactic and an unnecessary step in the process seeing as it doesn't appear to influence their decision.

I think what he, like myself, is trying to get at is: what does it matter? How does an employer verification aid in the firearms background check? It just seems like a scare tactic and an unnecessary step in the process seeing as it doesn't appear to influence their decision.

Sorry, I thought you wanted to know the cover story.

As for everything firearms in NJ, there is the stated reason and there is the real reason. The stated reason is because the State Legislature and the Superintendent require it. The real reason is that it intimidates people. That was the original premise for this thread.