Daedalus

Cleaning A Blued Revolver Cylinder and Bore

This is for lead and copper removal from a blued finish revolver.

Reading is leading me toward either Ed's Red homebrew or Blue Wonder gun cleaner. Ed's sounds less expensive but messy and smelly. Blue Wonder is neat but costs more without the odor.

Any input from those who have used one or both?

I use this on my stainless.... have no experience with blued finishes...have no experience with blued finishes...have no experience with blued finishes...have no experience with blued finishes...have no experience with blued finishes...have no experience with blued finishes..

Lead Remover with Polishing Cloth - Gun Cleaning - Birchwood Casey

The Lead Remover and Polishing Cloth – brings back your gun's original luster. Quickly removes leading, burn rings, carbon residue from copper and plastic fouling, rust and tarnish. Excellent for stainless steel, nickel and most metal surfaces. Great for use on handguns, rifles, shotguns and muzzleloaders. Can be cut to size for removing unwanted residue inside the chamber, cylinder, forcing cone, bore and choke. Cleans and polishes metal, wood, glass, plastic and porcelain surfaces. Size: 8-1/4" x 11". Birchwood Casey

I use this on my stainless.... have no experience with blued finishes...have no experience with blued finishes...have no experience with blued finishes...have no experience with blued finishes...have no experience with blued finishes...have no experience with blued finishes..

Lead Remover with Polishing Cloth - Gun Cleaning - Birchwood Casey

The Lead Remover and Polishing Cloth – brings back your gun's original luster. Quickly removes leading, burn rings, carbon residue from copper and plastic fouling, rust and tarnish. Excellent for stainless steel, nickel and most metal surfaces. Great for use on handguns, rifles, shotguns and muzzleloaders. Can be cut to size for removing unwanted residue inside the chamber, cylinder, forcing cone, bore and choke. Cleans and polishes metal, wood, glass, plastic and porcelain surfaces. Size: 8-1/4" x 11". Birchwood Casey

DO NOT USE ON BLUED!!!!!!!!!

It will remove the bluing, says it right on the bag

if you clean the inside of the barrel & inside of the cylinder, get a cooper wire brush. if that's no enough wrap some chore boy copper from the supermarket & wrap some around the brush. WATCH OUT. some "copper" pads at the supermarket are ONLY copper coated. Choreboy should be safe. NEVER use steel brushes or steel pads.