Sign in to follow this  
Shawnmoore81

Nikon m-223

My buddy bought the Nikon m223 3-12x42 bdc 600 scope for his colt ar with a 20" barrel.

He bought it, mounted it and went to sight it in. He couldn't get it to hold a group. I td him to come over and let me mess with it. Being such a nice scope I figured maybe he was missing something. We go to the range and I bring the lead sled. We toss this thing in the sled and I go to work on it. I get the thing to pick off shotgun shells at 100 yards. I move to shooting at a target and the group was baseball sized. (still in the sled) I try different ammo (scope is very specific to what it's designed for) I try federal, Hornady, Winchester and PCM. Tried .223 and 5.56mm. We could get it to keep a tight group. We toss the leupold 3-9x40 back on the gun and bam tight groups. We cannot figure out what the problem is. I called Nikon and talked to them and plan on sending it back. He plans on buying the leupold ar scope to replace this while its shipped out. He doesn't want a scope with so many adjustments. But this scope obviously needs to be figured out to sell it.