madmnk78

Long Hill Township/Gillette wait times

anyone know the wait times for GIllette/Long Hill for a FPID address change? I'm currently under contract on my first home in Gillette, scheduled to close 6/30. their website is encouragingly informative (http://www.longhilln...98/default.aspx), but current towns(north plainfield) is less than helpful, but actually a fairly smooth process.

Also, since my current FPD will be 3years old this summer, safe to assume i'll need to go to Morpho and have my new fingerprints recorded?

Lastly, and perhaps a dumb question, do i need to wait for a bill of some sort with a new address to prove residency, or will some of the closing paperwork suffice?

Sorry I can't answer your questions, but I will be a very close neighbor to you in Warren. I live right on the edge of Gillete. Welcome to the neighborhood. If you ever need someone to transfer guns let me know, there is a guy with an FFL license very close by. Very good!!!

You will want to change your address on your driver's license as soon as you close as it is used in conjunction with your FPID to do many transactions. I worked in Warren for 35 years. Congrats on our new home.

thanks for the welcome. I actually looked in Warren as well, but couldn't find anything just right. i'll have to remember about the FFL, but as this is my first house, i don't expect to be having fundage for new toys any time soon :).