KramD52

NJ legal 15/20 magazines for Mini 14

I would prefer Ruger factory 20 round mags that were made NJ compliant since it can be hit or miss with aftermarket mags for these guns. Needless to say, I'm not real happy with the 10 round mags and don't even ask about the 5's, LOL. Does anyone know where I would be able to puchase these (15/20's) or suggestions for shops that could do the modifications? There seems to be several options for the AR15 variants, but none that I can find for the Mini.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Mark

I own the Mini14 and it’s been the same deal here since the AWB. Like you said you could find 15rd mags for AR & AK variants but I don’t recall ever seeing 15rd mag for the Mini14. I guess the aftermarket folks don’t care to accommodate NJ Mini14 owners because they probably sell enough 5rd to 100rd drum mags to the rest of the US so they don’t need to worry about NJ folks and our stupid AWB w/15rd mag limit. I’d had my Mini14 for years and never seen a 15round mag for it yet, that’s don’t mean they are not out there, it just means I’ve never seen one. If you find some please post back but in the meantime I’ll follow the post. Have a safe/pleasant 4th of July

Thanks for your replies and hope you guys had a great 4th also. Hmmmmmm, I was hoping for some good news about 15 round mags, LOL. I have done a lot of searching on the net but have come up empty with regard to 15 round mags for these guns. I suppose I'll have to go with option #2 and start e-mailing different shops to see if I can get a FFL to acquire and perform the modification on the 20 round mags for me. Though I realize that a lot are squeamish about performing the mods, so that cuts down the field considerably. The last option would be attempting it myself (out of state of course). But with limited mechanical ability coupled with the expense of the Ruger mags, it would be a crap shoot on the "chance" that I could do it right without buggering up a mag or two.

If I am able to find some or someone who is willing to perform the modification, I'll definitely post back with the info.

Thanks again.