Jfoster99

Anyone need a South Carolina CCW permit- I have a Plan!

I'm not a real estate professional by any means.. but having just bought a house, I had to pay for a title search/insurance to make sure there are no old liens against the property, that could pop up and I'd have to pay for.

Is that not applicable in this case?

Cold Soldier,

I do not think they can sell if there is a lien... With larger investments you get title insurance in case someone claims the property was not legally sold but in this case all/any of that gets cost prohibitive. Their is not enough risk if forfeited. We are however looking into liability insurance I case some get hurt on the property. I know my homeowners covers vacant land I own already just not sure how it worksite own with friends. Again the risk is very small.

The town has a quick claim deed form that the owned signs and the town records the new owners on the deed. It CAN be that simple.

The owner singes it notorized with two witnesses. Their is no place the buy even signs... I guess some could even say I do not own at lot... I never agreed to have my name on it... Very strange the way they role down south...

Page 1 quick claim form

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-tV9pwaFTO38/UArNnE-oCqI/AAAAAAAAZ60/47lb5TstgIU/s2048/IMAGE_88E72BA1-2926-4E52-8B08-AFB2AB1DE34F.PNG

Page 2 quick claim form.

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-JsnOqRsoxX8/UArNphFai4I/AAAAAAAAZ68/rGjudPYL8h0/s2048/IMAGE_BDE93CDD-DE13-4604-BFD4-BD8FB2603E34.PNG

I would guess it would be OK down there. It's certainly OK in PA (outside of Philly).

Like I said, not exactly ideal, though.

I don't think it is like PA.. OK...

I just joined a S.C. Forum... I'll ask the group... I have spent quite a bit of time in S.C. and never saw anyone... Then again in PA I have only seen one guy in the past 3 years.