kickup

Gun For Hire Urban Shotgun I

I took this GFH class Sunday Oct. 14 at the Essex County Police Academy. This was the 15th GFH class I have taken and as with all the others, it was superb. Joe was the instructor with 1 assisstant and as always he found ways to be very safe, very informative, very challenging and very loud(GFH alumni understand this.) I was was surprised how difficult the pump shotgun is to run in a tactical setting. It seems everyone says it is a very simple weapon...NOT. i f you have one for home defense and have not trained with it.. the vast majority of you will be in for a very rude surprise if the SHTF.. The more training I do, i the more I understand how important expert training is. I don't care how many deer or bunnies you have shot,, they don' have AK's. If you decide to train...please find reputable, qualified schools... with the boom in this business, many people are opening schools and are in no way qualified to be teaching life and death techniques...do your homework...as an added note, I have been teaching Tae Kwon Do for 25 years and the GFH crew are superb at teaching their version of a martial art ..and I will be taking class #16 on the 28th....i vote with my time and money Be safe and be trained.

Good write up. I have a bunch of schools / training / instructor ratings in rifles and pistols. I need to find the time and mostly money to get some genuine shotgun training. The course is cheap...the ammo however is another story.