Sign in to follow this  
NJGiant

FID question

Couldn't find the answer to this anywhere or get an answer from any of my buddies that have a FID...

I reside in NJ but have a NY Driver's License (for work/insurance reasons). Can I apply for an FID and permit in Woodbridge NJ with an out of state driver's license or do I have to have a NJ License?

I reside in NJ full time (have a second residence in NYC) and have plenty of utility bills, tax returns, etc to prove so.

Thanks in advance.

Quote from Internet.

" How do you obtain a Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and/or a Permit to Purchase a Handgun?

Download Form

A2.

You must apply at your local police department. If you do not have a local police department or you are an out of state resident, you must apply at the nearest New Jersey State Police station (excluding toll roads, stations on the New Jersey Turnpike, Garden State Parkway, and Atlantic City Expressway).

For any further information outlining specific requirements, contact your local police department or nearest New Jersey State Police station. "

Keep in mind that if you get a NJ FID with a NY address, the dealers in NJ can't sell you any firearms that are not legal in NY, and if that address is in NYC, you will be limited to the super restrictive NYC laws (Garands can't have bayonet lugs and only 5 round enblocks, etc.) as well as the registration requirements for long guns.