xero42084

FN Hi Power

I have a friend that is looking to buy a Fabrique Nationale D'Armes De Guerre Herstal Belgique Hi Power 9mm. The marking on the firearm are Belgium, we know that but the only number on it for a serial number is A160 and we can't find to much on the internet about it. If anyone has any info please let me know. Looking mostly for date and who may have used it. I'm thinking that the A160 is a variation number but not to sure. If it is, where is the serial number? Let me know if any of you guys know. Thanks.

The FN Hi Powers have a very unique history and given what happened during their production no everything is known. You may have yourself a "liberated" pistol, you may have yourself a counterfeit (there were many). I would love to know the location of that mark, and good pictures would allow me to tell you what I've learned over the years.

Does it have waffen marks or the eagle and swastika like this?

You really need to post some pictures of the slide if possible If it's a post occupation prefixed with A in

excellent condition it could be work some coin, if it's a more current production then it's worh market value.

BHP012.jpg

BHP003.jpg

BHP001.jpg

Take a look here you should find all you need.

http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-hi-power/