Sign in to follow this  
Michael_john

Spee-D-Loader at the range.

Hey all, I know this topic has been covered somewhat in regards to loaded mags being legal in transport to the range. I guess I should assume that tubular speed loader I bought for my 22 Henry lever action should be ok as well to be preloaded with ammo as long as I keep it separate from the rifle in transport? I guess what I am looking for here is some concrete confirmation as I really don't like to just go on an assumption when it comes to these crazy Jersey gun laws.

Thanks

So long as you don't load them with those EVIL Hollow-Point 32 gr. Federal bullets from your 525 bulk pack, you'll be just fine.  HP are to be treated the same as hand guns:  DIRECTLY to and from the Range!  Now as to whether or not you wish to keep HP in your loader and then stop for gas, lunch or drop off a passenger or go to Wally World, well, I won't tell if you don't, lol!  Discretion is the better part of valor...

FWIW, the way our convoluted NJ gun law reads, you just need the hollow point heads to get jammed-up!  Even a non-functioning one attached to a key chain! (or so I've read).  So my advice, since IANAL is go with the law.  For the exact rules, please refer to Evan Nappen's ORANGE BIBLE, available mail-order..........

Dave