I read the other day some B.S. about Trenton passing another bill that basically say when smart guns become available for retail sale, they will be the only guns that can be sold in Jersey (rehash of something I thought was already on the books). LEOs to be exempt of course. Couple things I was wondering when this comes about.

1) Would an out of state purchase still be an option or will FFLs not be legally able to transfer?

2) In a civilian life or death defensive situation where a person is killed or crippled due to a smart gun failing to operate due to electronics failure, could the state and the manufacturer be sued/held liable?

3) I may be wrong about this, but it seems to me I read somewhere that weapons LEOs carry are supposedly defensive weapons. If that is the case and LEOs are exempt, is there a civil rights case that a civilian must use a defensive weapon that the state finds too undependable for a LEO? Even if the first sentence of this point is not fact would not the second still be valid?

14 minutes ago, fslater said:

I read the other day some B.S. about Trenton passing another bill that basically say when smart guns become available for retail sale, they will be the only guns that can be sold in Jersey (rehash of something I thought was already on the books). LEOs to be exempt of course. Couple things I was wondering when this comes about.

There was legislation passed long ago in NJ that once smart guns were available they would be the only ones sold in NJ.  When one became available they back pedaled on this.

Without looking it up I think the current legislation is requiring FFLS to stock smart guns.

1) Would an out of state purchase still be an option or will FFLs not be legally able to transfer?

If they said smart guns were the only ones you could buy in NJ you still couldn't get a non-smart gun transferred to you.  It all depends on how they write such a law.  If you could get an out of state purchased handgun to you such a law would be pointless.

2) In a civilian life or death defensive situation where a person is killed or crippled due to a smart gun failing to operate due to electronics failure, could the state and the manufacturer be sued/held liable?

You wouldn't be able to sue the state.  The state has certain degrees of immunity.  Just like if you get in that rare accident where a seat belt kills or cripples someone.  You can't sue the state because the law required you to wear one.

You can always sue the manufacturer but if you get anywhere is debatable.  Do you think if your current SD gun fails in a SD situation now you'd get anywhere?

3) I may be wrong about this, but it seems to me I read somewhere that weapons LEOs carry are supposedly defensive weapons. If that is the case and LEOs are exempt, is there a civil rights case that a civilian must use a defensive weapon that the state finds too undependable for a LEO? Even if the first sentence of this point is not fact would not the second still be valid?

Outside of the military all guns, in the hands of any law abiding person, are defensive weapons.  Even if the bad guy doesn't get off a shot.

We don't need smart guns. We need Smart politicians, And I don't mean self serving hey do as I say jerkoff's.

We need politicians that understand that crime and criminals , Must be meet with direct overwhelming force. 

We need politicians who honor and respect the Constitution.  Jmho.

WE WOULDN'T HAVE ALL THESE PROBLEMS IF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM WORKED.

• Agree 3