gunnarsport

New Glock 45 trigger won't reset

Hi,

I puchased a new Glock 45 9mm from online site Guns America and just had a chance to inspect and dry fire. The trigger will not reset! It just says locked back. I cant figure out what is the issue. I disassembled and everything looks in order, that I can see. Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Michael

First thing to check is the sear reset.

After you field strip the gun the sear will be in the lower position and the trigger to the rear. On the top right of the trigger assembly, between the sear and the frame rail is a small tab that bends slightly outward. This is the connector. Push that gently to the left, towards the sear. The sear and transfer bar should move upwards under spring pressure. 

Next, using the protrusion on the trigger bar that would engage the striker safety block push the trigger bar towards the front of the gun. After roughly 3/16 inch of movement the connector will spring back to the right but the trigger is still not fully reset. You will hear a click as the connector springs back into place.

Keep pushing the trigger bar forwards to fully reset the trigger. There will be a second slightly quieter click when the trigger is fully reset.

Try these steps and report back what you find.

PS. Just to eliminate the obvious - are you racking the slide after pressing the trigger? Glock triggers only reset with the slide cycling, they do not spring back on their own.

• Like 1
  • Informative 2