Ruger11

New Jersey Firearms Guild in Rahway

I had a muzzle brake installed by NJFG a few weeks ago. Fast service, decent price, good job.

They have what seems to be a tremendous amount of firearms in stock. I tried not to let my eyes wander too much for fear of spontaneous purchases..

I'm going to get a quote from them the next time I'm in the market for a new toy.

I went to NJFG yesterday and didn't like the experience. First negative was the lack of parking space. I guess Rahway doesn't believe in cleaning snow and since both spots in front of the store were taken I had to park in one of the side streets which was almost completely snow covered. Second, the old guy that was helping me didn't seem to know anything (and didn't even listen to what I had to say). I was interested in an Armalite AR-10 and asked a few questions (since I'm pretty much a newb) and he knew less than me (or just didn't bother listening to me). What a waste of 2 hours of my life. Some of the younger guys seemed to have a much better attitude, I heard them speak to other customers...

The prices seemed too high too, at least for the stuff I looked at. Won't be going back anytime soon.

I think I know the older gentlemen you are referring to. I've given him a few chances, and while he isn't a jerk he just seems to rub a lot of people the wrong way. Don't throw in the towel! He is one individual. Anyplace you buy anything can have "that" guy. I recommend seeing when Matt is available and speaking with him. I think its impossible not to have a good experience with him. Plain nice guy and very knowledgeable.

I totally agree with Ck279 in regards to Matt and NJFG. I went there the first time on Thursday 2/10 and came away with a PX4 storm 9mm. The place is well stock and Matt is very knowledgeable. Matt made sure I know my new gun before I left the place. He went over field stripping the gun and answered any questions I had. He is highly recommended. In addition, he was not like other gun store employees that is “tough-guyish”. He did not mind showing us any guns we asked to see. The price is fair and they do have cash discounts, but you need to know your prices. Not every gun was priced fairly. Some were outrageously expensive. However, this is still a quality place we added to our list of places to go when shopping for guns.

have made all of my gun purchases there. prices are ok but I always get a cash discount. If your looking to purchase a nj compliant ar for a halfway decent price they have the largest stock available. Even if you dont see it on the rack they probably have it on the back. best deal I got was on a smooth gripped glock 26 with ported and polished feed ramp extended slide stop and tritium night sights used for 345 cash. now its my every day carry when i go out of state. my recommendation for people that said they got bad service is to go there during there quiet hours. talk to joe hes awesome

If your looking to purchase a nj compliant ar for a halfway decent price they have the largest stock available.

I think if you think this you haven't been to many NJ gun stores. I can think of 5 off hand that have many times more AR-based rifles than NJFAGs, although they certainly have more now than they have had in the past. And they do have stripped receivers in stock, which is very convenient, if you are willing to pay 2x the normal market price.

That said I did buy a rifle from them last week, after not having entered the store for 6+ months. They had what I wanted in stock (although completely different stock than what they told me on the phone) and I bought a used rifle that I'm very happy with. Gert is the man to talk to, as far as I'm concerned. Joe can be nice or not depending on unknown random factors. Matt is certainly knowledgable, but it also depends on the day. Gert took a few bucks off the price, too, even after I told him I'd buy it.

Like other stores, they are certainly nicer when less stressed from a busy store, but for guys like me that work long hours, getting there in non-busy hours is difficult.

So, I managed to get myself back in the store. They have a lot of stock right now, they also finally got a decent website, and they had a nice used rifle in stock that met my needs exactly at a decent price, so they are almost back in my good graces....

I think if you think this you haven't been to many NJ gun stores. I can think of 5 off hand that have many times more AR-based rifles than NJFAGs, although they certainly have more now than they have had in the past. And they do have stripped receivers in stock, which is very convenient, if you are willing to pay 2x the normal market price.

That said I did buy a rifle from them last week, after not having entered the store for 6+ months. They had what I wanted in stock (although completely different stock than what they told me on the phone) and I bought a used rifle that I'm very happy with. Gert is the man to talk to, as far as I'm concerned. Joe can be nice or not depending on unknown random factors. Matt is certainly knowledgable, but it also depends on the day. Gert took a few bucks off the price, too, even after I told him I'd buy it.

Like other stores, they are certainly nicer when less stressed from a busy store, but for guys like me that work long hours, getting there in non-busy hours is difficult.

So, I managed to get myself back in the store. They have a lot of stock right now, they also finally got a decent website, and they had a nice used rifle in stock that met my needs exactly at a decent price, so they are almost back in my good graces....

Your right i've gone to only the guild, bullet hole, and meltzers. Meltzers had some in stock but the prices were a little high. the bullet hole is a great place if you need something in a bind but don't get me started with there prices 1900 for an smith n wesson m&p 15 thanks but no thanks i'll take my money elsewhere. i ended up picking up a colt match competition h-bar II 16" carbine for a little over 1000 with removable carrying handle and 100 rds of american eagle ammunition.

i ended up picking up a colt match competition h-bar II 16" carbine for a little over 1000 with removable carrying handle and 100 rds of american eagle ammunition.

That's a great price for that rifle. I am sure there are good buys at the NJFAGs, you just have to really know what the right price is to ensure you get a good deal.