Rob0115

Someone's employees need training

I believe this type of carelessness cost a life at the range in PA of an employee. How it that people don't know that guns are all loaded or should at least be handled as if they are. Checking before storage and checking when retrieving is basic safety.

http://www.nj.com/ocean/index.ssf/2017/01/pistol_range_employee_shot_himself_in_the_hand_pol.html#incart_river_home

• Like 1

:facepalm:

Complacency breeds contempt. 3 out of 4 rules violated here.

Rule 1 was ignored completely.

If the employee had been following rule 2, it would still have gone bang, but it wouldn't have hurt him.

If he followed rule 3, it wouldn't have gone bang.

Every time you try to prove you are smarter than a loaded gun, you get an opportunity to be proven wrong.

I like this at the end of the article:

Authorities have asked anyone with information about the shooting to call Detective Chase Messer at 732-363-0200.

Like it was a drive by or something... :rolleyes:

I got some info about the shooting for ya... Somebody stored a loaded weapon. Someone else violated 3 of the 4 commonly accepted firearms safety rules and subsequently shot themselves.

I hope the employee recovers and I hope there is some mandatory remedial training for the entire staff. This will likely be the safest range in NJ for the next few months.