Sign in to follow this  

That's a good question. I used to use them as primer powered practice ammo in my basement. Would not want to get hit by one at about 400 - 450 fps. If you used a magnum primer, you might be able to penetrate skin so I would say "yes". I guess we would need to know from what standpoint, legal ?

I switched to X-Ring Rubber Bullets to reduce the mess.

I'm just wondering about transporting them. I'm starting fast draw, and per fast draw regulations, cartridges are put together on the line. But if I'm transporting them, broken down into bullets, cases, and primers, would I need to treat them as regular cartridges?

I feel like I'm being redundant here, I forget I'm talking about NJ. :lol:

Sounds like just components not having the capability to fire a projectile. In the broken-down status you describe, it is not ammunition. However, we are in NJ. If you are traveling with the firearms that are capable of chambering the brass, follow the NJ laws. Guns in the trunk lunloaded.and locked. Ammo in passenger area or at least as far apart from the guns as possible.

Yes, it sounds ridiculous, but who knows how a LEO will react when they see brass in the vicinity of a firearm, whether the brass is loaded or not.

In closing, I'd like to actually answer your question.

In my opinion, they are not regular cartridges and shouldn't have to be treated as such.

In reality, if you're in NJ and have the gun that chambers the brass in the same vehicle, treat them as such. If you have a reloading press mounted to the dashboard and a box of 240 grain bullets on the seat you mighy have some splainin to do. :lol: