AntZ

Cowiteness mount for A3 handle

If I'm understanding what you're saying, the problem with putting something on top of the carry handle (without the lower forward portion) is that you're increasing the offset between the barrel and the optic by at least an inch. So, you're going from about a 2.5 inch offset to 3.5. This in turn will compromise your cheek weld. Plenty of people went this route in the 80s and 90s before removable carry handles were common, but, it's not an ideal set up.

If you go with the mount in the link (assuming you can find one for an A3 handle) you may have some issues with the optic being too far forward, and, from what I've read about some of these sorts of mounts, you may run into issues with maintaining zero on the optic.

If it was me, I'd either leave it with the carry handle and just use it that way, OR, ditch the handle, get a decent backup iron sight (fixed or folding - Larue, Troy, LMT, Daniel Defense, etc.), spend a few rounds zeroing the sight, and then figure out what sort of mount will work best with your chosen optic. I know the latter option sounds like a lot of work you probably don't wanna deal with, but I think you'll have more options to work with down the line in terms of customizing your set up just the way you want it.

One last thing - I think UTG started off making parts for airsoft guns and then moved into the real gun market. While the price is attractive, I don't know that I'd want some beefed up toy parts on a firearm I may have to use to save my life one day.

Prob not the answers you were looking for, but that's all I got ;)

I also read lot of about that kind set up cause a lot problem to lot people and also a lot people say it's perfect for them. I usually tend to believe the people said they had the problem. But I thought just try my luck. It is doesn't work, then I remove the handle and go with the way you mentioned. Anther thing is I always read people are having problem with backup iron sights and that is another reason I have not get it yet.

Once you get everything zeroed, you could always loctite all the screws for the iron sights and optic mount to reduce the chance of something coming loose and losing zero.

Either way, good luck with your search :)

Thanks. Another option for me is to get a A4 upper as an AR15 expert (forgot the name at this moment) recommended in an article somewhere, for dedicated scoped long range shooting. As the prices coming down, I may just go that way.