springfieldfan09

Looking into a 308

I do like the others, but come on... 700p for under $800 is a terrific value, considering it has an upgraded stock, is compeltely free floated, and is bedded.

I like to be different, everybody and their brother has a 700, the Savage is still a hidden Jewel and the Howa can be

had for about $500.00 and change from local vendors.

It does get a good review but the in the Savage review they say it's better then the 700 for 2 reasons, the

Accue trigger and the fact that Savage makes a 1:10 twist in a 24" barrel which works the best with .308 which

Remington fails to recognize. Is the 700 an excellent firearm yes but there are other companies out there that have caught up or surpassed them. I guess we can piss this back and forth all day and get no where, for me It's Savage then Howa all the way, and Yes I have shot all 3 many times.

nice, enjoy it. only thing I would say, much like the advice I got myself.... the scope should cost as much as the rifle. Dont cheap out on a scope. Get quality glass. How does it go, buy once, cry once. but.... if that scope doesnt work out, I may be interested.

Other great scopes in the lower price range... nikon prostaff.

Anyone ever buy from here:

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/78301

Looks like ~$640 with the NICS fee.

Z

Yes Bud's in an excellent site to deal with, you will have to pay for transfer also.

This is where I will be getting mine this spring.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... s_id/43532

Hodgie,

What are the fee's when buying a gun out of state?

Shipping. (Free from Bud's)

NICS check. $40 (I thought)

Transfer fee????

Z

Well bud's says free shipping but if you want it insured it will cost about $15.00 more.

Then there is the transfer and nics depending on where you have it sent it will be between $40.00 and $50.00.

You should give Shore Shot and TJ a call and see if they can get better prices

sometimes it will be cheaper through them even with tax and nics then getting online.