1LtCAP

sig p227

so....is this thing a bastard gun? i'm looking for a optic ready slide......or even just a regular slide that i can have machined. can't find ANYthing

for this pistol. i know(or think) this pistol was discontinued in 2019, but i can't believe i can't find a slide?  well...that's kinda wrong. found one listed

as a tactical slide on armslist, but that guy's in nashville and has it marked off as no shipping.

anyone got anything? or know anyone selling one?

The P227 was only made for about 6 years and discontinued in 2019 so before the big pistol mounted optics boom.  Never was around in great numbers anyway.  

I HAVE heard that a P220 slide will fit on a P227...  the two guns share almost all parts, including barrels.  The only difference is the P227 has the double stack capacity frame.  

See if you can find a P220 slide?  There's even a Legion version that is optic ready.

13 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

The P227 was only made for about 6 years and discontinued in 2019 so before the big pistol mounted optics boom.  Never was around in great numbers anyway.  

I HAVE heard that a P220 slide will fit on a P227...  the two guns share almost all parts, including barrels.  The only difference is the P227 has the double stack capacity frame.  

See if you can find a P220 slide?  There's even a Legion version that is optic ready.

i didn't know that. maybe i'll look into that. even if i can't find an optic ready slide for it, i'd want one i can have milled for it.  i just don't wanna do the one that's on the gun now, so that i have the easy option of just going back.....

it's a great shooting gun. i don't understand why it's not more popular.....

15 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

I HAVE heard that a P220 slide will fit on a P227

That is a true statement. As is the reverse. The complete slides are interchangeable.

That assumes the P220 slide is from a full size model. 

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

They do not seem to be readily available. I did find three West German used ones on eBay for $250-280.

sig sauer p220 slide in Pistol Parts for sale | eBay

thanks man. i'll check those out.

all i wanted to do was to put an optic on one of my 45's, and i don't wanna do it on a 1911. i obviously seem to have a few hard to service bastard guns, lol

so...since i can't find anything(although i may try one of thsoe slides that 45 linked....thanks man!!) i figured i'd go looking ofr a cut slide for my 21 gen4. guess what no one seems to $%$^% have?? they all seem to just stop at gen3. i think i have all bastard guns, lol