Vdep217

Been looking to upgrade

So I've had a ruger lc 380 that I bought to carry twice a year while in arizona 15 years ago as I got it cheap.  Now that I can carry every day I want to upgrade.  I've been between the hell cat the ria bbr and most recently came across tge s&w csx.  While the bbr and hell cat felt good wasn't that wow feeling.  Last night I hot to shoot the csx and I got the holy shit feeling.  Smooth accurate and light and it's a all metal gun but aluminum.   The hammer is low profile but easy to manipulate the gun just feels great in the hand.  I will be purchasing I believe.  Tge only reason I didn't last night is because I'm still torn between the csx and bbr the bbr I shot well as well and it comes in 45.  They both have the capacity I'm looking for of 10+1.

I almost went for the CSX but I dont like the idea of carrying a cocked and locked.  I wound up with a S&W Shield 2.0 Performance Center in 9mm.  Its only 8 rounds but comes with 2 mags and a nice cleaning kit and some BEAUTIFUL HI Viz H3 sights.  Its very slim and easy to conceal.

1 hour ago, Tunaman said:

I almost went for the CSX but I dont like the idea of carrying a cocked and locked.  I wound up with a S&W Shield 2.0 Performance Center in 9mm.  Its only 8 rounds but comes with 2 mags and a nice cleaning kit and some BEAUTIFUL HI Viz H3 sights.  Its very slim and easy to conceal.

1911s where carried before both of us were a thought.  There's no difference between a hammer gun or a striker fired gun.  Hammer cocked it's ready to go just as a striker fired is.  

14 hours ago, Vdep217 said:

The bbr I shot well as well and it comes in 45.  They both have the capacity I'm looking for of 10+1.

I handled the BBR but wasn't impressed - Proportionally it's too short and fat.  Does not feel good in the hand to me.  

The CSX is similar in size to the M&P Shield and feels very comfortable.  It's slightly wider than the Shield, which is fine.