45Doll

15 State AGs to Biden: Ban Sale Of 5.56 To Civilians

6 hours ago, Grima Squeakersen said:

You wrote 'Laws do "infringe" on Constitutional Rights at times for good reason.' (bolding is mine for emphasis). That seemed pretty clear to me when I read it. If taking that at what I thought was face value was a misinterpretation of your position, I'm happy to apologize. I am a Contitutional absolutist in a sense. It was not perfect, but it was (and is) a pretty damned good effort at guaranteeing individual liberty. It was set up with a clear procedure to change it that was deliberately made quite difficult. I regard any law or regulation that contradicts or contravenes it that has not fuliflled that procedure to be completely illegal and invalid. If I comply with any of those illegal and invalid laws or regulations, I do so only because I don't regard open defiance as a practical alternative, at the present time.

Yes, laws do infringe on Constitutional Rights with good reason.  You have the right to demonstrate but the government can require you to get a permit.  The 4A protects you against unreasonable searches by the government but there are a bunch of exceptions to warrantless searches.  All Constitutional Rights have exceptions ruled by the courts.  And that's in the COTUS.

I could go on but that's not the point of this thread.  If you'd like to discuss it further pm me.