Im looking to get a 10/30 mag for my MP5

Pretty much all the place I see that sell them use a block, however NJ is not listed as one of the states that require the base plate to be fixed/epoxied.

Is this an oversight?  Can I just order them and epoxy it myself?

https://www.roblestactical.com/products/10-30-kci-mp5-magazine-9mm-gen-2

https://www.calcompliantmags.com/10-round-blocked-Hk-MP5-Magazines/KCI-Gen2-MP5-9mm-1030-10Rd-1530-15Rd-Blocked-Mag

There is no clear definition as to what modifications are acceptable or not acceptable. The requirement is that they are "permanently modified."

If you are just inserting a block then there must be something else that is done so you can't just remove the block later. Many places will epoxy the baseplate so you most likely will destroy the body of the mag if you want to get the baseplate off.

Other designs, such as the Hexmag 10/30 AR mag use a spacer on the baseplate which raises the spring seat higher and they supply a shortened spring. With this design, if you remove the spacer, the spring won't be long enough to put pressure on the rounds so it can't feed. Hexmag used to be shipped with removable baseplates and I have several of them. I found out a couple of years ago that Hexmag are now riveting the baseplate as well, for no explainable reason.

The problem with getting blocks and installing them yourself, is you need to get the mags shipped somewhere outside of NJ where you can install them and make them permanent.

If you're asking about getting them from the second link you posted, then adding the epoxy yourself to be sure you're legal, check the bottom of the description. They will add the epoxy FoC if you ask.

For states that do not require the base sealed shut we can still epoxy it shut on request free of charge. Just let us know you would like it done.

5 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

There is no clear definition as to what modifications are acceptable or not acceptable. The requirement is that they are "permanently modified."

If you are just inserting a block then there must be something else that is done so you can't just remove the block later. Many places will epoxy the baseplate so you most likely will destroy the body of the mag if you want to get the baseplate off.

Other designs, such as the Hexmag 10/30 AR mag use a spacer on the baseplate which raises the spring seat higher and they supply a shortened spring. With this design, if you remove the spacer, the spring won't be long enough to put pressure on the rounds so it can't feed. Hexmag used to be shipped with removable baseplates and I have several of them. I found out a couple of years ago that Hexmag are now riveting the baseplate as well, for no explainable reason.

The problem with getting blocks and installing them yourself, is you need to get the mags shipped somewhere outside of NJ where you can install them and make them permanent.

If you're asking about getting them from the second link you posted, then adding the epoxy yourself to be sure you're legal, check the bottom of the description. They will add the epoxy FoC if you ask.

For states that do not require the base sealed shut we can still epoxy it shut on request free of charge. Just let us know you would like it done.

Yeah, I think ill just do that and be done, weirdly enough HKParts just sends them with the spacer and no option to epoxy.

The gun just looks so stupid with regular 10 rounders, and I want the metal mags.