45Doll

Can We Stop The Autoplay On Video Ads?

recommended_posts

There's two Athlon ads off YouTube that both auto-play on thread pages. The result is audio that sounds like I'm in an echo chamber. Is this necessary?

I don't mind ads to support the forum. But IMO auto-play with audio, and especially when it's redundant, is really annoying.

Please consider stopping that. If I want to know about a product, I'll click on it.

On 2/23/2024 at 11:14 AM, 45Doll said:

There's two Athlon ads off YouTube that both auto-play on thread pages. The result is audio that sounds like I'm in an echo chamber. Is this necessary?

I don't mind ads to support the forum. But IMO auto-play with audio, and especially when it's redundant, is really annoying.

Please consider stopping that. If I want to know about a product, I'll click on it.

You could always use NoScript or a similar widget to selectively enable/disable JavaScript in your browser (caveat: don't know if that is possible with an Android phone or Chromebook). I only see video content on web sites if and when I choose to do so.

That is strange! 11 years on this forum and I never saw a single ad! Is this only on a cell phone?  I only use my PC to visit here.

I'm on a PC and never see ads, but I also use Ad Block Plus :)

Now that my thread awakened, I should say that the autoplay has stopped. And I haven't changed anything on my end.

Just to be clear again, I didn't mind the ads being on the page. It was just the auto-start that annoyed me.

I don't remember exactly when it stopped. Because I wasn't annoyed anymore. :o

guest_post_header

guest_post_pbr_blurb guest_post_sign_in

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   editor_cannot_paste_images