tinyboy

FNP-45

Awesome, I am glad I chose this for my last permit

Love it, kicks like a 9MM...maybe

I just sold off an XD45 Tactical to a member here and am looking to get another .45 to replace it. I've been following the FNP45 for some time. Did you get the "G" model w/ cocked n locked capability or the standard model? Did you get extra mags? If so, what did they run? Were they relatively easy to get? Did you get a holster? If so, what brand, $, and so forth? Does it run hollow points/semi-wad cutters well?

I've never fired this gun, but have read rave reviews about it and have handled it at the Bullet Hole. Right now, I'm between this, a Glock 21SF and a S&W M&P.

Thanks,

Ken

I just sold off an XD45 Tactical to a member here and am looking to get another .45 to replace it. I've been following the FNP45 for some time. Did you get the "G" model w/ cocked n locked capability or the standard model? Did you get extra mags? If so, what did they run? Were they relatively easy to get? Did you get a holster? If so, what brand, $, and so forth? Does it run hollow points/semi-wad cutters well?

I've never fired this gun, but have read rave reviews about it and have handled it at the Bullet Hole. Right now, I'm between this, a Glock 21SF and a S&W M&P.

Thanks,

Ken

http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/firea ... id=FNM0061

I got 47577 dont know if that is the G model but it is DA/SA

It ate everything we gave it at the range sunday, but last night it hiccupped badly on reloaded ammo. Sunday at Central Jersey we shot RELOADED through it as will, but it was Mauser' reloads and his stuff is really good

I LOVE the gun, I think it feels extremely nice, has low recoil and the capacity of the mags is a GIANT plus and the reason I got it over other .45s. it is a BIG gun so big hands are helpful

it came with 1 15 and 2 14s, but I ordered 2 more 15 rounders from Impact guns and that ran me $88 shipped! I wanted 5 mags as most tactical trainign courses want you to have at least 5 mags in case some get damaged or fouled, etc.

Hope this helped

Thanks,

Ken

It ate everything we gave it at the range sunday, but last night it hiccupped badly on reloaded ammo. Sunday at Central Jersey we shot RELOADED through it as will, but it was Mauser' reloads and his stuff is really good

I LOVE the gun, I think it feels extremely nice, has low recoil and the capacity of the mags is a GIANT plus and the reason I got it over other .45s. it is a BIG gun so big hands are helpful

it came with 1 15 and 2 14s, but I ordered 2 more 15 rounders from Impact guns and that ran me $88 shipped! I wanted 5 mags as most tactical trainign courses want you to have at least 5 mags in case some get damaged or fouled, etc.

Hope this helped

What type of bullet did it jam on? SWC's would be my guess.

Thanks,

Ken

Hope this helped

What type of bullet did it jam on? SWC's would be my guess.

Ill bring them next time to show you. reloaded #2 alloy

That's funny. I had the same thing happen last night with the Lone Wolf barrel on my new Glock 21SF. My loads were 230 grain round nose. The Glock barrel handles all ammo without a hiccup. The Lone Wolf definitely has tighter dimensions. The bullet wouldn't fully chamber. I believe the problem is the bulge at the base of the shell. There are full length sizing dies that act on the wholecase. I believe Lee makes them. I may swap out my Dillon sizing die for one. Otherwise I am pretty sure that Redding has a sizing die that uses a ramrod where you push the whole shell through and it sizes the base of the shell missed by regular dies.

That's funny. I had the same thing happen last night with the Lone Wolf barrel on my new Glock 21SF. My loads were 230 grain round nose. The Glock barrel handles all ammo without a hiccup. The Lone Wolf definitely has tighter dimensions. The bullet wouldn't fully chamber. I believe the problem is the bulge at the base of the shell. There are full length sizing dies that act on the wholecase. I believe Lee makes them. I may swap out my Dillon sizing die for one. Otherwise I am pretty sure that Redding has a sizing die that uses a ramrod where you push the whole shell through and it sizes the base of the shell missed by regular dies.

I use Lee carbide sizer without issue. Was the brass AMERC by any chance that wouldn't chamber?

Whats the deal with lone wolf barrels are they suppossed to make that much of a difference in accuracy? would I be able to hit the paper finally? lol

Whats the deal with lone wolf barrels are they suppossed to make that much of a difference in accuracy? would I be able to hit the paper finally? lol

I get them because they use standard rifling that can handle lead reloads. The polygonal Glock rifling (I think HK uses it too) causes excessive barrel leading and is a major factor in Glock Kabooms (the lead accumulates on the rifling edges and leads to much higher pressures, especially in .40 because of its already high pressure to begin with). The Lone Wolf barrel also has much stricter tolerances. I use it for target shooting. If you wanted home defense, I would go back to the OEM barrel that chambers everything. For $99, it's nice to be able to shoot reloads without having to scrub my barrel after each use. For me, one of the reasons I buy a Glock is that it runs well dirty and I don't have to be a maintenance freak.

I get them because they use standard rifling that can handle lead reloads. The polygonal Glock rifling (I think HK uses it too) causes excessive barrel leading and is a major factor in Glock Kabooms (the lead accumulates on the rifling edges and leads to much higher pressures, especially in .40 because of its already high pressure to begin with). The Lone Wolf barrel also has much stricter tolerances. I use it for target shooting. If you wanted home defense, I would go back to the OEM barrel that chambers everything. For $99, it's nice to be able to shoot reloads without having to scrub my barrel after each use. For me, one of the reasons I buy a Glock is that it runs well dirty and I don't have to be a maintenance freak.

If you don't shoot more then 200 rounds of lead through a factory barrel at a time there is nothing to worry about. I'm just over 4000 rounds of lead reloads through my Model 22 without any leading at all in the barrel. Use a good quality Brinell hardness lead and you will never lead up your barrel.

Glocks normally blow up not because of leading but from poorly loaded overpressure reloads. The unsupported chamber has a lot to do with it not the lead reloads.

Not to be a Dick but your never going to hit the paper till you learn a little trigger discipline my friend. ;)

Not to be a Dick but your never going to hit the paper till you learn a little trigger discipline my friend. ;)

You sure you werent trying to be a Dick? lol

If you don't shoot more then 200 rounds of lead through a factory barrel at a time there is nothing to worry about. I'm just over 4000 rounds of lead reloads through my Model 22 without any leading at all in the barrel. Use a good quality Brinell hardness lead and you will never lead up your barrel.

Glocks normally blow up not because of leading but from poorly loaded overpressure reloads. The unsupported chamber has a lot to do with it not the lead reloads.

Mauser,

I agree with you about the overpressure 40 loads. It would be dumb to run them through the Glock barrels that lack much 6 o'clock chamber support. My Lone Wolf barrel has much better support.

The lead bullets I am currently using are not hard enough. They lead the heck out of my 357 Smith revolvers.

I think the kaboom problem is the result of a combination of things though. It is my (perhaps mistaken) understanding that the lead accumulates in the portion of the barrel near the chamber. This slows down the bullet from entering the barrel at exactly the wrong time as the pressure is rapidly building up. The release valve for this pressure ends up being the brass exposed by the unsupported portion of the barrel, and Kaboom. If there is no lead in the chamber area of the barrel, the bullet is not impeded or slowed, and has traveled further along and the pressure does not spike as dramatically.

Mauser,

I agree with you about the overpressure 40 loads. It would be dumb to run them through the Glock barrels that lack much 6 o'clock chamber support. My Lone Wolf barrel has much better support.

The lead bullets I am currently using are not hard enough. They lead the heck out of my 357 Smith revolvers.

I think the kaboom problem is the result of a combination of things though. It is my (perhaps mistaken) understanding that the lead accumulates in the portion of the barrel near the chamber. This slows down the bullet from entering the barrel at exactly the wrong time as the pressure is rapidly building up. The release valve for this pressure ends up being the brass exposed by the unsupported portion of the barrel, and Kaboom. If there is no lead in the chamber area of the barrel, the bullet is not impeded or slowed, and has traveled further along and the pressure does not spike as dramatically.

I believe there are more then one reason for Glocks kabooming but your assessment would be one I would agree with.

Some just don't understand that lead can't be pushed out of a barrel with the same velocity as a FMJ bullet.