Sign in to follow this  
mikelets456

Looks like "Delran Junior Marksman" is partially opened..

Ohhhh, I didn't realize the hours were so limited. Sounds similar to Ft. Dix.

They are literally 20 minutes from my home so I may jump on that. However, the pistol range is down and who knows what will happen in the future .... will the "anti-gun" area shut them down again? I heard someone "found" a bullet on the roof... sounds like someone wants this range shut down. Anyone hear anything different?

I am a member of DJM and an RSO. I had to find out that it is open from NJGF. The communication is poor and there is a lot of infighting between Board members. I am scheduled for duty next Saturday. I wonder when they were going to let me know that it opened up. The bullets (2 separate instances) on the roof are true but, ballistically, I don't see how it could have happened. Something smells fishy about all of it.

Well, I had range duty yesterday. Not surprisingly, we only had one shooter show up. Apparently, no one knows we're open yet and I guess the weather helped to keep them away. We have to rebuild our pistol range before we can allow it to be used again and as a result it will be closed for the better part of 2010. I just hope we don't go through all of that work only to be closed down again.

Well, I had range duty yesterday. Not surprisingly, we only had one shooter show up. Apparently, no one knows we're open yet and I guess the weather helped to keep them away. We have to rebuild our pistol range before we can allow it to be used again and as a result it will be closed for the better part of 2010. I just hope we don't go through all of that work only to be closed down again.

How much does it cost for me to go for an afternoon with my son. Do we both pay or just one person pays?

It would cost you $15. No charge for your son. There is never a charge if under 21 (but must be with adult). Active police, fire and military pay no fee either. It's open from noon to 4:30 on Sat & Sun. BTW, they have a very good youth program that runs on Saturdays, and as far as I know, it meets at the National Guard Armory in Mount Holly on Route 38.

It would cost you $15. No charge for your son. There is never a charge if under 21 (but must be with adult). Active police, fire and military pay no fee either. It's open from noon to 4:30 on Sat & Sun. BTW, they have a very good youth program that runs on Saturdays, and as far as I know, it meets at the National Guard Armory in Mount Holly on Route 38.

Thanks... I will go over there soon. I am now a member at Hauges courtesy of a Birthday present but I want to do some outdoor shooting at targets further than 25 yards.

Remember that the pistol range is closed and will be closed for most of 2010. It has to be reengineered and reconstructed for safety reasons. No handgun shooting at DJM until the pistol range reconstruction is complete. Just don't want anyone make the trip there to shoot handguns and be disappointed.