bbk

Anybody else seen The Road?

The movie is of course based on Cormac McCarthy's novel The Road. He's the same author of No Country for Old Men for reference.

The movie was pushed back I think once, and then it was given a limited release. I don't know if its upgraded to a wide release yet, but I finally got the chance to see it as it was playing at a theater down in Voorhees. I had been looking forward to the movie, and wasn't particularly sure how well the movie was going to be produced... considering the style of how the book was written.

Simply, I did enjoy the movie a lot. I think it really captured the gravity of the situation. But as a warning to anyone considering watching it, the movie is pretty dark and depressing... and can be extremely dry at times.

Anybody else who's seen it have any opinions?

From a survivalist's perspective, they didn't really delve into that whole thing... though, there were tidbits of interesting things that would happen that might be practical.

I read the book and really liked it, so I've been looking forward to the movie, but haven't gotten a chance to see it yet. It's not playing at my local theater either, so need to find somewhere else close by to catch it

I just saw it the other night. 2 bullets? come on I know its years after the world ended but 2 bullets, and the rifles those cannibals had looked pretty good, not really falling apart after all those years of hunting people down in a harsh enviorment.

After seeing the movie though I definitely made some considerations to setting aside some ammo. I dont want to be left with 2 bullets!