Sign in to follow this  
coldsolderjoint

Fake supressors?

Ok.. I'm pretty sure fake suppressors are legal in NJ. Can anyone confirm?

And, another multi-part question.. purely informational at this point. I'm not sure if this is bordering on Class three territory... but might be similar to the AK with no stock question..

So under normal circumstances.. if I have a rifle barrel, I can have it cut down to under 16" and then have a compensator permanently affixed bringing the barrel length to 16" or above. Which is perfectly legal.

If I have a pistol, I can install a barrel of at least 16 inches in length and then add a butt-stock to it (Carbine conversion units.) also perfectly legal.

If I permanently affix a fake suppressor to a pistol barrel, bringing the length of the total assembly to 16" or more.. does this count? Can I then put a butt-stock on it?

If yes, then which set of evil features does the gun fall under? Rifle or Pistol?

This is what happens when I start thinking late at night ;)

IMO,

Ok.. I'm pretty sure fake suppressors are legal in NJ. Can anyone confirm? Fake anything, even boobies, is legal.

And, another multi-part question.. purely informational at this point. I'm not sure if this is bordering on Class three territory... but might be similar to the AK with no stock question..

So under normal circumstances.. if I have a rifle barrel, I can have it cut down to under 16" and then have a compensator permanently affixed bringing the barrel length to 16" or above. Which is perfectly legal. Yup.

If I have a pistol, I can install a barrel of at least 16 inches in length and then add a butt-stock to it (Carbine conversion units.) also perfectly legal. Yup. Pistols can become rifles, but rifles can't become pistols. Some will tell you that they can't be converted back, but I disagree.

If I permanently affix a fake suppressor to a pistol barrel, bringing the length of the total assembly to 16" or more.. does this count? Yup. Can I then put a butt-stock on it? Yup.

If yes, then which set of evil features does the gun fall under? Rifle or Pistol? Rifle. AND, if it is named on the AW LIST, you just made it illegal, i.e. converting a MAC type pistol to a MAC type rifle, as the law specifically bans "MAC 10, MAC 11, MAC 11-9mm carbine type firearms". :naughty:

This is what happens when I start thinking late at night ;)

Of course, IMO.
  • Like 1

Purely just questions :-P

Anyways.. a ~14" fake suppressor would be kinda stupid anyways.. and would prevent the gun from being disassembled.

I guess this is out of the question then: https://www.masterpiecearms.com/proddet ... MPA20SST-A

Mpa%20carbine%20rifle.jpg

Time to get some rail mountable fake boobies. and move to PA :angry-banghead: