Sign in to follow this  
BCeagle

NJ Brady Campaign Scorecard

No suprise but I always like checking out what the enemy is asking for and what they want is nothing less then the outright banning of guns. They actually gave MA a 54, WTF, the state is so anti gun and still not good eneough for them. I also hate that they think CCW should be discretionary. I am trying not to get off on a rant but who do they think they are advocating that I dont deserve my Constitutional rights. I dont mind if you oppose giving someone a new right, but leave me alone.

To get back on track, nothing is good enough for them and every new idea is great to them. You allow 2 evil features, we want one. You allow 15 round mags we want 10 or 5.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/stategunlaws/scorecard/NJ

I agree, there is a lady on youtube debated LaPierre and she basically says no one should own a handgun, no one should own any semi automatic and any rifle for hunting should have a max range of 100yards (which begs the question, what kind of velocity will it have and will it punch a hole thru cardboard at 90 yards.) She said if you are involved in long range shooting as a sport, tough crap, get a new hobby. She got stuff like this passed in Australia. Ludicrous.

Good point and they will never admit that it is cause and effect.

I never understood how an anti could be against guns in the home when most people do not live within 2 minutes of a police station. I know they claim you will shoot yourself or loved ones, but shouldnt that be my call.

I watched Law Abiding Citizen last night and all I thought about was that if he had a gun when he answered the door that night, there would be no movie.

they should compare this chart with crime rates..

It wouldn't be pretty unfortunatly. I guarentee they will use NJ / CA / MA as examples that gun control works. If you look at the stats these states have fairly low crime for their population even with harsh gun regulation.

What doesn't work in their favor is the rural states where there is very little population (and pretty much no gun regulation) but also fairly low crime.

We can't attach .xls files so I can't really show you what I'm talking about

What about the eerie *gun show loophole* section? NJ doesn't have gun shows, yet they still fail us there. What losers.

Notably, no where in the "Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence" calculations do actual rates of violence come into play...the only thing they consider is how restrictive the states gun laws are - via VCDL

I agree, there is a lady on youtube debated LaPierre and she basically says no one should own a handgun, no one should own any semi automatic and any rifle for hunting should have a max range of 100yards (which begs the question, what kind of velocity will it have and will it punch a hole thru cardboard at 90 yards.) She said if you are involved in long range shooting as a sport, tough crap, get a new hobby. She got stuff like this passed in Australia. Ludicrous.

I'm pretty sure that was Rebecca Peters. Every photo I've seen of her, shows her to be dumpy and frumpy, with a droopy mug on her said sack face. Oooo.....guns. Skawy.