NJgunowner86

Heads Up to you AK guys

Just a heads up, Classic Arms is running a special right now, $299 for a NJ legal Romanian AK (WASR) includes 5 magazines, oil bottle, cleaning kit and sling. Damn I wish I wasn't broke, would love to pick one up as a beat around gun.

Those are the low-cap 10 round models. Been the same price since before Christmas. I bought one and sold it shortly after.

Oh nice, they've been that cheap for that long?

I don't see the issue with single stacks in Jersey. People in the USA hate the single stack ones because they can't use the $9 com bloc mags in them, but it's not like we can own those here anyway. And buying special cut down/plugged and welded double stacks costs just as much (or more) than the single stack ones anyway.

Plus if someone owns that rifle and moves, all it takes is a couple minutes with a dremel to open the mag well up anyway.

PS are those rippers or cremators in the avatar?

You can open up the mag well in Jersey, just can't have mags over 15 rounds. It helps to have a friend with a workbench in PA :-P

I believe they are somewhere in the middle? I said "I want a really really well done hot dog".. I'm not a local, so the first time I ordered a creamator, he said.. "You don't want a cremator"

You can open up the mag well in Jersey, just can't have mags over 15 rounds. It helps to have a friend with a workbench in PA :-P

I believe they are somewhere in the middle? I said "I want a really really well done hot dog".. I'm not a local, so the first time I ordered a creamator, he said.. "You don't want a cremator"

Yeah I know. I have Saigas and make cut down 15rd'ers for them out in PA. I got some pics in the AK sub section. The metal ones for 7.62 are very easy to cut, fold new rails for the floorplate and reassemble. Plastic ones for the 5.45 is a little tricker to re-bond the body but I've done a bunch of those for my other gun too. Though I know a lot of people don't have the access/tools/skill we do and probably would rather not bother.

I know exactly what you mean on the cremator. I braved a couple of them once. It's actually hilarious to eat because there is no hot dog. It just crunches like a pretzel stick. All you can taste is burning, grease and whatever topping you put on there!! :lol:

The Polish "mercedez benz" ones are not legal it looks like. They have a muzzle brake on them, which means a threaded barrel. Not sure if they'd weld it on there for you or not. Probably not. And of course the magazines but they could just sell you the rifle no magazines probably. Not sure what receiver that is built on either, if it says AK it's a no go. Best to call them and see.

Panther is definitely a no go with collapsible stock and/or threaded barrel.

The Polish "mercedez benz" ones are not legal it looks like. They have a muzzle brake on them, which means a threaded barrel. Not sure if they'd weld it on there for you or not. Probably not. And of course the magazines but they could just sell you the rifle no magazines probably. Not sure what receiver that is built on either, if it says AK it's a no go. Best to call them and see.

I believe that a threaded barrel with nothing on it is illegal, as is a threaded barrel with a flash hider/suppressor. A threaded barrel that had a compensator/muzzle brake on it is OK as long as it is permanently attached. Hopefully others here can confirm.

I believe that a threaded barrel with nothing on it is illegal, as is a threaded barrel with a flash hider/suppressor. A threaded barrel that had a compensator/muzzle brake on it is OK as long as it is permanently attached. Hopefully others here can confirm.

"A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor"

I have never seen any east-bloc AK-type rifle that did not have either 14x1 LH size threads on the muzzle of 47-derivatives and 24x1.5 LH on the threaded sight blocks of 74-style derivatives, both of which sizes there are multiple flash suppressor styles available for. Bringing a rifle like that with a pistol grip and threaded barrel that does not have that brake welded/soldered/pinned onto it before crossing the Delaware River is a big no no. If the company will weld/solder/pin it for you first, sure. If not, no.

CJJ, what was it you did not like about thee WASR-10?

Single Stack - didn't want to risk mucking it up myself.. and i alrealdy had another double stack

I don't get it, what's the problem with having to use single stack magazines in NJ? You hear all the complaints about single stack because those people live in places where they miss out on $9 AK magazines at gun shows and have to locate WASR 10 magazines.

There are currently no quality production 10 or 15 round double stack magazines (if you've ever tried the re-weld ones on CTD, you know how they're so awful they literally pop out of the gun). You have to buy 1/15rd Saiga magazines for $28 and grind off the tab in the front with a dremel. Or rely on special order/made blocked up welded magazines from PA which, if you ask me, are just asking for trouble because even though 100% legal, last thing I'd wanna do is have a gun with a banana mag sticking out of it in NJ. My cut-down 15rd ones that my friend and I made out there are the only ones of that kind I've ever seen.

And a good thing for the WASR's right now is because the single stacks are unpopular as most of the country doesn't need to use them, they're dirt cheap. $7 each -

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =163735307

In any event, if you did want to open up the magazine well, it's actually not very hard at all. You can stick a template on the gun and everything.

CJJ, what was it you did not like about thee WASR-10?

Single Stack - didn't want to risk mucking it up myself.. and i alrealdy had another double stack

I don't get it, what's the problem with having to use single stack magazines in NJ? You hear all the complaints about single stack because those people live in places where they miss out on $9 AK magazines at gun shows and have to locate WASR 10 magazines.

There are currently no quality production 10 or 15 round double stack magazines (if you've ever tried the re-weld ones on CTD, you know how they're so awful they literally pop out of the gun). You have to buy 1/15rd Saiga magazines for $28 and grind off the tab in the front with a dremel. Or rely on special order/made blocked up welded magazines from PA which, if you ask me, are just asking for trouble because even though 100% legal, last thing I'd wanna do is have a gun with a banana mag sticking out of it in NJ. My cut-down 15rd ones that my friend and I made out there are the only ones of that kind I've ever seen.

And a good thing for the WASR's right now is because the single stacks are unpopular as most of the country doesn't need to use them, they're dirt cheap. $7 each -

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =163735307

Well, my permanently pinned banana mags have been 100% reliable. and it was difficult for me to get the single stack mags into the gun. To each his own. I'm not scared of being legal.

Well, my permanently pinned banana mags have been 100% reliable. and it was difficult for me to get the single stack mags into the gun. To each his own. I'm not scared of being legal.

Of course your pinned banana mags are reliable. They're Eastern Bloc gun parts. I've never seen a commie mag that failed. Those things work even if you dent. bend, or smash them. They can survive dropping the gun from 7 feet with the magazine's bottom being the first part to hit the ground. You have to seriously fuck those things up for them to not work 100%.

It's not being legal that scares me - it's uneducated cops that do.

Of course your pinned banana mags are reliable. They're Eastern Bloc gun parts. I've never seen a commie mag that failed. Those things work even if you dent. bend, or smash them. They can survive dropping the gun from 7 feet with the magazine's bottom being the first part to hit the ground. You have to seriously fugg those things up for them to not work 100%.

My mags had a big bolt sticking out of the bottom.. obviously pinned. Were transported in the correct fashion. Nothing to worry about.

Of course your pinned banana mags are reliable. They're Eastern Bloc gun parts. I've never seen a commie mag that failed. Those things work even if you dent. bend, or smash them. They can survive dropping the gun from 7 feet with the magazine's bottom being the first part to hit the ground. You have to seriously fugg those things up for them to not work 100%.

My mags had a big bolt sticking out of the bottom.. obviously pinned. Were transported in the correct fashion. Nothing to worry about.

And yet you still can't go prone with the rifle

Oh nice, they've been that cheap for that long?

I don't see the issue with single stacks in Jersey. People in the USA hate the single stack ones because they can't use the $9 com bloc mags in them, but it's not like we can own those here anyway. And buying special cut down/plugged and welded double stacks costs just as much (or more) than the single stack ones anyway.

Plus if someone owns that rifle and moves, all it takes is a couple minutes with a dremel to open the mag well up anyway.

PS are those rippers or cremators in the avatar?

Couple minutes I wish! Took me about 4 hours of dremmeling and grinding the tabs on the inside. Went through two carbide bits. Definitely worth it, though! :D