Sign in to follow this  
JimmyAGR

Springfiels M1A and NJ

Does anyone know if anything would have to be done to purchase this here in NJ? Is it legal just the way its sent from Springfield? I know it doesn't have a pistol grip, so I think the flash suppressor is OK. I want to get the loaded M1A with the walnut stock and stainless barrel. Just need to save my pennies and convince my better half that we really need one of them for the long distance Zombie hunts. 8-)

Thanks,

Jimmy

So the flash hider is OK? I have seen several sites that say that you have to put on a muzzle break to make it Jersey legal. I thought since it doesn't have a pistol grip it was OK. Sorry just want to make sure to follow the law wile still stuck here in the land of the oppressed.

Thanks,

Jimmy

I was in the market for an 18" Scout but held off due to some information obtained by those more in the know than I about the modern platform. This having nothing to do with the legality of the weapon, as it is NJ compliant as stated.

Basically it was emphasized that the Springfield of today (SAI) is not that of old. The receiver is no longer forged and parts such as the op rod, bolt and trigger group are known to fail often. Too often. So I still want one, but may spend the extra $1,000 plus and go LRB instead (roughly $2,500+).

That said, Springfield Armory's customer service is known to be stellar and they are quick to replace anything that hasn't been tampered with or replaced. Considering that I will still likely get the 18" soon, but man do I not like having to box something up and send it back because it wasn't made right in the first place. Especially with that company's previous reputation over many prosperous years.

I was in the market for an 18" Scout but held off due to some information obtained by those more in the know than I about the modern platform. This having nothing to do with the legality of the weapon, as it is NJ compliant as stated.

Basically it was emphasized that the Springfield of today (SAI) is not that of old. The receiver is no longer forged and parts such as the op rod, bolt and trigger group are known to fail often. Too often. So I still want one, but may spend the extra $1,000 plus and go LRB instead (roughly $2,500+).

That said, Springfield Armory's customer service is known to be stellar and they are quick to replace anything that hasn't been tampered with or replaced. Considering that I will still likely get the 18" soon, but man do I not like having to box something up and send it back because it wasn't made right in the first place. Especially with that company's previous reputation over many prosperous years.

Check the Fulton Armory M14.