Sign in to follow this  
FlyersFan

Pistol Crossbow

Hey guys. :) I have a question regarding pistol crossbows, such as this:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/8 ... x?a=268486

I know this isn't a "gun", but I figured someone on here would be knowledgeable regarding why some websites say they can ship pistol crossbows to NJ and some websites say they can't. I've spoken with a few owners/staff of gun shops in my area and they have all told me they are legal here in NJ. Is this just a case of some online retailers erring on the side of caution when it comes to states like New Jersey, or am I getting bad info from the FFL's I've talked to?

Hey guys. :) I have a question regarding pistol crossbows, such as this:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/8 ... x?a=268486

I know this isn't a "gun", but I figured someone on here would be knowledgeable regarding why some websites say they can ship pistol crossbows to NJ and some websites say they can't. I've spoken with a few owners/staff of gun shops in my area and they have all told me they are legal here in NJ. Is this just a case of some online retailers erring on the side of caution when it comes to states like New Jersey, or am I getting bad info from the FFL's I've talked to?

It's the same reason places like Sportsman's Guide wont ship ANYTHING for an AR to NJ. Retailers are afraid to get jammed up under NJ's laws, even to the point of refusing to sell things that are completely legal to us. I had a guy on Gunbroker refuse to sell me an ACOG about 5 years ago.

NJ Fish and Wildlife only recently changed the hunting rules to allow Crossbows for hunting. This MAY be the source of their refusal to sell to you.

By the way, pistol crossbows are not permitted for hunting in NJ.

I'm not into hunting, so no worries there :)

It's the same reason places like Sportsman's Guide wont ship ANYTHING for an AR to NJ. Retailers are afraid to get jammed up under NJ's laws, even to the point of refusing to sell things that are completely legal to us. I had a guy on Gunbroker refuse to sell me an ACOG about 5 years ago.

That's pretty much what I thought, but I figured I'd double/triple-check and ask. Actually, Sportsman's Guide is one of the sites that will ship them to NJ - which is odd, because I've heard they are pretty non-NJ friendly when it comes to shipping certain stuff here.

That's pretty much what I thought, but I figured I'd double/triple-check and ask. Actually, Sportsman's Guide is one of the sites that will ship them to NJ - which is odd, because I've heard they are pretty non-NJ friendly when it comes to shipping certain stuff here.

They will not sell anything remotely related to an AR to NJ, including some slings. They will not sell magazines larger than 15 rounds to an NJ resident. They will however sell all manner of ammunition, scopes, grips, etc.

They will not sell anything remotely related to an AR to NJ, including some slings. They will not sell magazines larger than 15 rounds to an NJ resident. They will however sell all manner of ammunition, scopes, grips, etc.

I always enjoy looking through the Sportsman Guide ad - all kinds of cool stuff!